Home

Drafting, Surprise Stars Thread

This is a discussion on Drafting, Surprise Stars Thread within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
Rookie

Yundtder's Arena

OVR: 0
Drafting, Surprise Stars Thread

Those who enjoy the scout and draft part of BEAGM, post up who your pleasant surprises have been!

I have a few guys who I picked, not knowing what to expect, and turned out to be really good players, then developed into solid 2-3rd line guys, the top line guys are easy, usually always full stars and top of the draft..

BUT, you always get those late first round, or even 2nd or 3rd round studs.

I cant call this one in particular a full surprise, I scouted him and had my eye on him from mid-season, and tracked his draft ranking, I was ready to trade up to get him if needed...
Well I had the 3rd and 28th pick that draft, this guy named Koskinen was ranked 14, and there was a superstar Dman who is a level 90 now at 3.
For the life of me, I couldnt upgrade my other pick to 14 or above without giving up some huge assets, so I figured Id trade for him later, if he turned out to be the solid player I was hoping.
WELL, I took the Dman, and watched the draft. He wasnt picked, he dropped all the way to 28 for me to take him... Unbelievable.

He took a few years to season and develop, turned into a 2nd line guy after a 90 point season in the AHL at 25 years old.
He then proceeded to have an 83 point rookie, calder winning season on my second line, then followed that up with a 109 point, 62 goal, Hart, Art Ross, and Richard season STILL on my second line..
Hes now an 88 1st liner, with 99 speed and some amazing stats, my type of player, and honestly, had he not dropped, I may not have got him.

Anyone else have a good drafting story player?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »