Home

Dear dudes having issues ranking up at the park;

This is a discussion on Dear dudes having issues ranking up at the park; within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Dear dudes having issues ranking up at the park;

You get more grade for pressing the pass button. Grade = Rank.

Seriously.

I've seen so many rookie 1's today that just went all kobe/melo and were total ballstops that it made me laugh out loud. You guys wonder why 2 weeks in people are jumping off the spots next to you? It's because you're 30 games in and you haven't established a good enough average grade to rank up.

Things that happen when you actually pass the ball that you get half a grade or more for:
Assist
Pass to Assist
Good Ball Movement

Things that give little grade but still happen off passes:
Pass to Foul
Alley-Oop Thrower

Things that can happen when you shoot and give tiny amounts of grade:
Good shot selection

That's it. Had a dude crying in one of my games because I'm allstar 1 that he "always got bad teammates and lost so his grade never went up", meanwhile I'm balling an A+ at the end and he said he had a D-. Can you guess what kind of player he was? Ball gets to him, he dribbles around for a few seconds, then he shoots right in that place or tries to drive 1v2, meanwhile there was a guy wide open 2 feet away from him that would've made an easy shot since he got both defenders jumping at him.

So please. Don't cry about your rank at the park if you play like garbage. It's not that hard to pass and no one is going to feel sorry for you if you don't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dear dudes having issues ranking up at the park;

Lol... ain't that the truth! Well put, couldn't have said it better. Be more like Jason Kidd than A.I. haha
Old 10-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #3
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

While what you said is true, it wouldn't matter right now because park rep keeps resetting.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nry20
You get more grade for pressing the pass button. Grade = Rank.

Seriously.

I've seen so many rookie 1's today that just went all kobe/melo and were total ballstops that it made me laugh out loud. You guys wonder why 2 weeks in people are jumping off the spots next to you? It's because you're 30 games in and you haven't established a good enough average grade to rank up.

Things that happen when you actually pass the ball that you get half a grade or more for:

Assist

Pass to Assist

Good Ball Movement

Things that give little grade but still happen off passes:

Pass to Foul

Alley-Oop Thrower

Things that can happen when you shoot and give tiny amounts of grade:

Good shot selection

That's it. Had a dude crying in one of my games because I'm allstar 1 that he "always got bad teammates and lost so his grade never went up", meanwhile I'm balling an A+ at the end and he said he had a D-. Can you guess what kind of player he was? Ball gets to him, he dribbles around for a few seconds, then he shoots right in that place or tries to drive 1v2, meanwhile there was a guy wide open 2 feet away from him that would've made an easy shot since he got both defenders jumping at him.

So please. Don't cry about your rank at the park if you play like garbage. It's not that hard to pass and no one is going to feel sorry for you if you don't.

This ish right here. I swear I hate when I play with dudes who think they're Jordan.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRocket56
While what you said is true, it wouldn't matter right now because park rep keeps resetting.
I haven't had this issue at all or I wouldn't of gotten all star 1.

Wish I knew what people were doing to reset it, can't do anything to help people though. Maybe someone should stream themselves resetting their rep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #6
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

I should have been an allstar 3,on pro 1 right now. I "unlocked" pro 2 this afternoon, bought the signature walks, I still have the walks, but somehow I'm a pro 1 when I join my next game. After we win a game it gives me the rep shows me that I ranked up and by the time we set up for the next game, my rep goes back to what it was earlier. its a random occurence where the rep actually saves.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:41 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Does the park with now?
Old 10-19-2014, 01:29 AM   #8
Rookie

There's WAY too much "hero" ball going on in the park. A dude on my team was talking smack after he scored 7 of our 14 points...on literally 20 shots. 1 on 3 drives, pull up 3's...SMH.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »