Home

FIFA 15 Career Mode - Depressed

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Career Mode - Depressed within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
FIFA 15 Career Mode - Depressed

I want to throw my game away. Very depressed. I can't take it anymore. On normal kick off mode I dominate legendary and win. I know Career mode is harder so I brought the difficulty to World Class. I am playing in the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich and near the last 1/3 of the season I was first and still in the Deutscher Pokal cup. Suddenly, the cpu starts cheating and rigging the games. I thought that only happened on legendary but no matter what I do I cannot win anymore. I ended up losing my league and Deutscher pokal with cpu making the game so ridiculous that I stopped playing. I haven't touched the game anymore. Can someone tell me if it really is impossible to win your first Career mode or am I just that bad at FIFA? And what the hell do I do about this because I want to have a realistic and fun experience but EA found a way to ruin my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 11:07 PM   #2
Rookie

SlowDownTurbo86's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 15 Career Mode - Depressed

Just try again next season when your players are better.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:18 AM   #3
Rookie

BigBlue10989's Arena

OVR: 4

Adaptive difficulty is a live and well. I'll beat Man U as Chelsea 6-2 for the Cup final, and struggle against Watford in the Premier League without changing a thing.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree that in Career Mode certain fixtures are definitely 'scripted' to make them unreasonably difficult.

Cup ties vs bottom feeder clubs for instance. Or derby matches (Bayern vs Augsburg was always very difficult especially the away game). Or just away games vs teams near the bottom of the table.

I also agree that the game gets harder near the end of the season. I often play more conservative when I can feel things starting to slip.

With that being said, you should win the Bundesliga with Bayern no problem. So you need to look at what you're doing as a player as well.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #5
Pro

boxers's Arena

I don't think it's rigging, it is more that the game ups the challenge at critical times combined with the fact that opposition tactics and formations matter. In my Crystal Palace CM, I would consistently beat Chelsea but lose to Newcastle. You have adapt to the context of the game (i.e. Cup matches are most challenging) and the club (i.e. don't come out in a 4-2-3-1 every game no matter who the opponent). Some formations and tactics work better against different teams. As much as I agree with most OSers that EA needs to improve team differentiation, teams do still play differently. They don't necessarily play like themselves but Man City does not play the same as Liverpool in FIFA.

So to make a long story short, you have to be cognizant of who you are playing and when. Change your tactics, change lineup, change your formation as you depending on the match. Sometimes possession will serve you better than counter attack and sometimes counter attack will serve you better than possession.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
Rookie

I played on world class but after having a good point difference at 1st I lost it by tying 5 games in a row because all my shots that used to go in started hitting the post. And then Bayer Leverkusen just took the lead and won the league by 2 points. Should I play my first season on professional or is that just too easy if I can win most games on world class?
Old 10-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #7
Pro

boxers's Arena

IMO, if you only lost the league by 2 (albeit with Bayern) then I'd say you are better off at World Class. It sounds like you are very close to dominating, you just need to experiment with different tactics when you get into those poor runs of form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceKasra
I played on world class but after having a good point difference at 1st I lost it by tying 5 games in a row because all my shots that used to go in started hitting the post. And then Bayer Leverkusen just took the lead and won the league by 2 points. Should I play my first season on professional or is that just too easy if I can win most games on world class?
Old 11-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
Rookie

Ok this is really getting on my nerves. Now I know it isn't me. I am sorry but it is impossible to win the league unless you simulate games so the AI programming changes. I was up 14 points in my season with Bayern and suddenly these past few games, my players have some kind of lock on their speed so I cannot run as fast and suddenly I went from winning most defensive headers to losing the battles in the air 90% of the time. I don't know what software you guys have but unless you are restarting your games and resetting them every time you lose, I really don't believe you if you say you can win the league on the first year of career mode with a 5 star team on Legendary or World Class. The engine of the game prevents you from doing so and what is the whole enjoyment then? I think there needs to be a protest or something for EA to get a patch for this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »