Home

I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people

This is a discussion on I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people

This isn't for Online or MyCareer, so if you have issues with those modes this is the wrong thread.

For User vs. CPU 5-on-5 gameplay, I think some people are just too prideful to turn down the difficulty and learn the game. Superstar/Sim is if you are already good at the game. If you know your shot releases, your team's play and your defensive matchups/settings for a given situation, you should play this level and still find a challenge, depending on what team you choose. (I can't lose with Cleveland since I opened the box, lmao)

We see a lot of people crying cheese and AI cheating. No doubt, there is a side dish of pepperjack in the CPU's arsenal. Bad players can play above their heads way too often in this game, and sometimes morphing/warping cheats you out of a good defensive play.

*******************However********************

This is a minor annoyance. It isn't deciding the outcome of games. If you're LOSING, it's still becasue you're a SCRUB. I'm sorry, but I'm Simnation not Scrubnation. If you put up a vid and you didn't call a play, had a late close out, had a mismatch, went one-on-one or tried some playground Pick and Roll offense, you need to lower the difficulty level.

With Sliders, you can't make the game perfect, but you can make it pretty close to excellent. Please play on a lower difficulty level if you feel that you can't win because the AI is cheesing you. I'm seeing a lot of scrubby videos and people crying about not getting their #Arcadenation results.

This isn't everyone. Some people have posted legit proof of issues that need to be addressed.

But it's a lot of people. Learn your offense. Learn your shot releases. Learn what all of the defensive adjustments mean and use them. Throw pride out the window and learn the game.

If you allow premature scrubby frustration to affect how they patch this game, we will NEVER get a real simulation.

And we'll deserve it.

--Books
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people

I 100% agree. I thought I'd waltz through Pro (I always start on pro and move up)... I am still playing on Pro! You have to play SIM ball to win. That may annoy some folks, but as a hoops head and as a coach, I love it. This game is pretty much the closest thing you can get to NBA hoops.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Wait,so if people have a gripe,the gripe isn't vaild,they're just scrubs? Get off the high horse,bro. Seriously. This beats all I've ever seen. Let's just overlook the stuff that's broken with the game. According to the OP our gripes aren't valid, we're just a bunch of scrubs. Give me a break.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #4
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
Wait,so if people have a gripe,the gripe isn't vaild,they're just scrubs? Get off the high horse,bro. Seriously. This beats all I've ever seen. Let's just overlook the stuff that's broken with the game. According to the OP our gripes aren't valid, we're just a bunch of scrubs. Give me a break.
"Broken stuff" great nondescript way of BSing. most of the complaints in this game are one off instances or dude who cheese. It's painfully obvious.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

True. To add with pride I think some people feel like they know what the CPU should do in most situations, and that's not the case either. I've been playing SS/sim and it's all about gameplan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 09:09 PM   #6
Rookie

CPU auto-putbacks are just scrub players? The fact that ai teammates oftentimes put themselves out of position for simple basketball fundementals are also because of scrub players? I played on allstar sim and blew out the warriors by 20 pts with the kings; same matchup on SS/sim and I can't keep up because the CPU starts to cheese.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #7
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Sorry OP this applies to user vs user online as well

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 10-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #8
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

Agree. I'm getting my most enjoyable games playing All Star/default. Tried All Star/sim but not feeling it yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »