Home

Does it annoy anyone else...

This is a discussion on Does it annoy anyone else... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-15-2014, 05:57 AM   #1
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

OVR: 0
Does it annoy anyone else...

...that Madden never really keeps track of previous seasons?

I mean, I know stats are carried over, but it seems like once you finish a season, there is nothing to even really indicate it happened aside from obvious changes to roster and stuff.

This goes back for years and years and while it didnt matter before franchise mode, it certainly matters now.

Play a few years into a franchise and then look back....is there any record or place where you can see past Superbowl winners? Is there anyway to see who won yearly awards in years past (aside from it being listed on a SPECIFIC players profile) Of course you can write it down, and I you can see how many SBs certain coaches and franchises have, but there is nothing that really lets you go and see outcomes of past Superbowls in franchise or any way to see things that happened in past seasons.

Am I the only one that really wants to see that? I mean, dont get me wrong, there are alot of bigger issues with the game, but thats one easy addition that I cant understand why its never been in the game.

There should be a page that lists every SB winner and the Superbowl MVP. There should be a page that shows yearly award winners like MVP, DPOY, OPOY, OROY and DROY. I dont really need to see best positional awards, but at least the major ones.

I know alot of people probably dont care, but IMO, its an easy add that would be nice to have. If Im in year 5, Id like to be able to look back and see who won OROY in the 3rd season, and who won SB MVP in year 2....WITHOUT having to write it down, which isnt hard but the game SHOULD keep track of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 02:58 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Does it annoy anyone else...

I agree. I think Madden stats as a whole needs an overhaul. I remember in years past you could look at a players FB card so to speak and see what awards they have won over the course of your career...maybe Madden 08...but either way yeah I am so surprised this is not in the game and I do wish they would add it back.

And a lot more historical stats.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

I agree whole heartedly. There is no excuse to leave it out with the capacity of the newer consoles.

I also miss looking at the player card and seeing the teams the player was on in the past as well. Now we just get a stat line and a year, with no reference to the team he was on. This used to be included then magically disappeared. I think it helps add to the immersion in CFM.

Furthermore, I would like to see team specific records in addition to the league records. This would be fun to reference when running a specific team for a lengthy period.

While it is true there are many, much bigger issues to deal with, this seems to be a very simple addition that would add some good depth to the experience. Really no valid reason to leave these things out IMO.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Completely agree and I state this in a different post before, not sure which one.... I added that on top of what you are saying, include every box score and stats for every game every te every season....I can do that with the show for one full season, an that's 162x28 for one season 4,536 box scores....it's 512 for one season of football so even if they kept only the last nine years for madden it's still a little less than one season of baseball, another thing that would be cool is a roster foundation page ala the show for each team, it shows how each player was acquired draft, free agent, trade and who the trade was with.....it would go a loooong way to get me to stay committed to one franchise instead of constantly starting over bc each new season is it's own entity, no history.....PLEASE fix this soon, in this day and age with all the storage and CPU power we have how can this not be a given?
Old 10-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #5
Banned

Didn't they used to have that? Probably another feature that Madden will add back in after a few years and try and advertise it as "new".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #6
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsFan1113
Completely agree and I state this in a different post before, not sure which one.... I added that on top of what you are saying, include every box score and stats for every game every te every season....I can do that with the show for one full season, an that's 162x28 for one season 4,536 box scores....it's 512 for one season of football so even if they kept only the last nine years for madden it's still a little less than one season of baseball, another thing that would be cool is a roster foundation page ala the show for each team, it shows how each player was acquired draft, free agent, trade and who the trade was with.....it would go a loooong way to get me to stay committed to one franchise instead of constantly starting over bc each new season is it's own entity, no history.....PLEASE fix this soon, in this day and age with all the storage and CPU power we have how can this not be a given?

Not that I dont agree with most of this, but while baseball may have more games, football has alot more players to keep track of and alot more statistics per player.

As you said, nowadays it shouldnt be an issue to store them, but I dont see many people going back and looking at box scores for regular seasons past. Maybe from major games, like playoff games and SBs, but even a sim nut like me probably would go back and look at box scores from seasons past....again, outside of playoff games.

Im not opposed to your idea at all....just think that its a bit overkill to keep every box score year to year.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaChest
Didn't they used to have that? Probably another feature that Madden will add back in after a few years and try and advertise it as "new".

This is all EA has done remove things and mess things up on purpose to get you to purchase the next seasons game. What they are missing is that it makes consumers more hesitant to buy the next installment of that game because we have no idea if them tinkering with the game will be palatable or if it will make us go to an older game.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #8
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

They did have it. Did they remove the league records that you could look at in the past?
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »