Home

You Knew It Was Coming... Points In The Paint.

This is a discussion on You Knew It Was Coming... Points In The Paint. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: How is your CPU PIP experience..
Just right, getting very realistic numbers. 16 15.09%
In between, could definitely be improved on. 33 31.13%
The CPU AI bullies it's way into the paint, and I can't stop them at all. 57 53.77%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Seems like a yearly tradition here on OS and the NBA 2K forums, a points in the paint discussion.

Once again, I'm seeing more than half of a teams points coming from in
side the paint on a consistent basis. Lets take a look at all the issues I'm seeing.

- Yes, guys are taking more jumpshots, but the majority of the pull up jumpers are from inside the paint, close to the basket, where the CPU seems to make almost everything

- CPU offensive rebounding and their automatic putbacks. After nearly every missed CPU shot, someone from their team, could be a big, could be their PG, but if one of them comes down with the OREB, you can count on them going strait back up and making the layup, whether it be contested, or uncontested, it's going in. This leads to a ton of PIP that can be prevented if these shots weren't automatic for the CPU.

- Still not enough contact in the paint in regards to USER defending a CPU drive or lay in. It seems like no matter what, the CPU has some invisible shield around itself that just prevents my big from sliding into position to block or disrupt the shot, and, when someone is in position, the CPU layup animation just seems to push my defender backwards so they can get an easy lay in. I had one instance today which made me shut my game off. CPU controlled Deron Williams drove to the hoop, as he went up for the layup, I had Larry Sanders in absolute PERFECT position to block the shot. I met him in the air, but instead of Sanders arm going forward to try and swat the shot, the game literally glitched and made his arm twitch BACKWARDS so he couldn't challenge the layup. I absolutely couldn't believe it.

These issues are just killing me. For the very few guys saying they're holding CPU teams to 20-30 PIP each game, please let me know your secret, because no matter how good of defense I play, the CPU goes into unstoppable spin, crossover, spin robo mode until it throws up a wild shot that just swishes the majority of the time.

So vote and weigh in on your experience with CPU PIP.

Edit: Playing on AS sim, 11 minute quarters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: You Knew It Was Coming... Points In The Paint.

To me the only issue with the points in the paint is the offensive rebounds and putback by the CPU. Other than that I never feel helpless on defense.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't played a lot, but I haven't seen the CPU force their way into the paint like last year. I haven't seen the zig zag cheese that they do until your player slides out of the way. For the most part, the layups/dunks I've seen are more due to me overplaying on-ball defense and them taking advantage.

Granted, I am still seeing a little too much offensive rebounding from the CPU. And rotations could be a little quicker from my CPU teammates if I do get blown by.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Would be best if you post a video of you playing...seems like your literally seeing something crazy every possession by your posts...and it's getting more and more extreme..

Not sure if your actually looking for some tips or if this this more of a "vent" post, but seeing what your experiencing first hand would yield be best results...

EDIT: and yeah...the CPU putbacks aren't going to get any better until a patch...hopefully soon..
Old 10-13-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Would be best if you post a video of you playing...seems like your literally seeing something crazy every possession by your posts...and it's getting more and more extreme..

Not sure if your actually looking for some tips or if this this more of a "vent" post, but seeing what your experiencing first hand would yield be best results...
It's a bit of both, venting because it's frustrating, definitely looking to see what other guys are doing to prevent this from happening.

I know I'm not bad at the game, I still win a decent amount of time. I have a fairly respectable knowledge about the game of basketball and how to defend, it just feels literally impossible to defend in the paint sometimes. Particularly when the AI gets an offensive board, or anywhere close to where they can just throw up a shot.

I have a video of the game literally glitching my block attempt, I'll upload it later when I get home to show you guys what I'm talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
Banned

My post defense couldn't stop a determined 3 year old from getting to the hoop.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:00 PM   #7
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

Even with slider modifications , CPU still is attacking the basket majority of the time, cannot get it to balance out to get them to shoot more mid range and 3's... sliders seem broken.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #8
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I do agree that its slightly better than last year but even with the "attack the basket" and "post up" sliders dropped way down there's still way too much scoring in the paint.

This used to be solved by adjusting the coach profiles to "run plays" but I believe that's been taken out of the game.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »