Home

How can this pass

This is a discussion on How can this pass within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2014, 12:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Angry How can this pass

How can this pass without functioning correctly my park is just of waste. I leveled up to a pro 2 and almost to a pro 3 while on a win streak in the MJ rec center just to have the game error me out and return me to a rookie level 1. Every year the same thing with this game my player buggy resetting your character over and over again and the online is just horrific standing around can't even get on the court and then when you do you get dc'ed. They say that they fix the servers I say bs... try fixing your code cause apparently this is just horrible maybe 2k should take 3 years off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 01:26 AM   #2
Kyy
Rookie

Kyy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How can this pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techlive
How can this pass without functioning correctly my park is just of waste. I leveled up to a pro 2 and almost to a pro 3 while on a win streak in the MJ rec center just to have the game error me out and return me to a rookie level 1. Every year the same thing with this game my player buggy resetting your character over and over again and the online is just horrific standing around can't even get on the court and then when you do you get dc'ed. They say that they fix the servers I say bs... try fixing your code cause apparently this is just horrible maybe 2k should take 3 years off.
With all due respect man... I just think you should avoid purchasing games on their launches. It's a tough process and it's not for everyone. There is going to be issues on launch, why stress yourself out over it? It's not a matter of code either... even games like Call of Duty which is an even larger franchise has network problems on release.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyy
With all due respect man... I just think you should avoid purchasing games on their launches. It's a tough process and it's not for everyone. There is going to be issues on launch, why stress yourself out over it? It's not a matter of code either... even games like Call of Duty which is an even larger franchise has network problems on release.
Trust me this is not just a launch issue been playing 2k since dreamcast this has been a issue and always will be one with online gameplay with 2k so don't say it's not code when it is.The reason for them not fixing it because they took so much development time with animations and graphics that they don't want to start from scratch.Look at 2k14 ,13 ,12 etc go back play them online now see if the online aspect works flawless?
Old 10-11-2014, 02:44 AM   #4
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

I agree this has nothing to do with a launch, 2K has a history of bad online servers. For this franchise in particular it's unacceptable at this stage of the game. Especially for powerful tools like PS4 and Xbox One.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:14 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyy
So games are supposed to be faulty when they launch now? When did that become a rule? Yes Games have issues at launch but they are not supposed to have broken issues. Remember this is a consumer product. I don't think people would expect broken issues on any other product but video games. If you bought a DVD and couldn't watch the middle 20 minutes u'd actually take it back. If you bought a car that had some small issue like ummm No back windshield Youd def take it back. I'm just saying that we should not simply allow ourselves to be trained to accept faulty devices or games. The more we do the more broken stuff we get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 03:37 AM   #6
Kyy
Rookie

Kyy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchiggs
So games are supposed to be faulty when they launch now? When did that become a rule? Yes Games have issues at launch but they are not supposed to have broken issues. Remember this is a consumer product. I don't think people would expect broken issues on any other product but video games. If you bought a DVD and couldn't watch the middle 20 minutes u'd actually take it back. If you bought a car that had some small issue like ummm No back windshield Youd def take it back. I'm just saying that we should not simply allow ourselves to be trained to accept faulty devices or games. The more we do the more broken stuff we get.
But see you're comparisons aren't exactly fair. You're comparing something that is not connected to an online structure to that of one. The problem is as we progress towards the future more and more stuff is online. I mean 90% of 2k has to be online. That means for every one person their servers have to work to save progression, load stats, host content, provide online matches, etc for over a million people.

Now by no means am I proud of the launch issues 2k has had. I just understand where the issues are coming from and have no problem waiting a day or two for them to be resolved. I avoided playing on day one... but since day two the only issue I have had was the servers go down (which was fine because I had a game anyways IRL) for a bit.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:01 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Its the BS always online aspect that they implemented. That's why there are issues.

They need to get rid of that and the virtual currency.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:31 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

How can this pass?

simple answer really : A Publisher induced deadline on the yearly iteration of a very popular sports franchise. QA be dammed

Didn't you know that 2k and take two need that Activision/EA money? A few billion off GTA V was not enough...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »