Home

Quarter Length for My League

This is a discussion on Quarter Length for My League within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quarter Length for My League

What length quarter does everyone use for their My League games? 12 seems a little long, but is that the best way for realistic stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
Rookie

thapresidentjr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quarter Length for My League

I normally play 8 minutes. It's close to real stats. 8-9 Minutes a good balance.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
Rookie

det2orl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thapresidentjr
I normally play 8 minutes. It's close to real stats. 8-9 Minutes a good balance.
Yep, this is where I have always been. Really wish there was a 8 and half min option. That would be perfect. hahahaha
Old 10-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #4
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

I usually do 8 minutes also. But here is what I've been kicking around while I waited on the roster update...

Since this is called "MyLeague" then why can't I make it that way? Everyone always shoots for realistic numbers and experience but I'd like to have that and it be fast paced and progressive. So I've been kicking around the idea of 5 min quarters to have a 30 min or so game, knock the length of the season to 14 or 29 (probably 14 for the first go) and 1 game playoff series except the final can be best of 3. I think this type of customization was the purpose of the game mode but I'm not seeing many people try to use it that way. I've just seen and heard of everything "realistic" and everyone trying to mirror the NBA. Let's mix it up and drive ourselves crazy with games scoring in the 50's and our scoring leader have 14 PPG at the end of the season....just thinking out load here

What do you guys think?
Old 10-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmankey1
I usually do 8 minutes also. But here is what I've been kicking around while I waited on the roster update...

Since this is called "MyLeague" then why can't I make it that way? Everyone always shoots for realistic numbers and experience but I'd like to have that and it be fast paced and progressive. So I've been kicking around the idea of 5 min quarters to have a 30 min or so game, knock the length of the season to 14 or 29 (probably 14 for the first go) and 1 game playoff series except the final can be best of 3. I think this type of customization was the purpose of the game mode but I'm not seeing many people try to use it that way. I've just seen and heard of everything "realistic" and everyone trying to mirror the NBA. Let's mix it up and drive ourselves crazy with games scoring in the 50's and our scoring leader have 14 PPG at the end of the season....just thinking out load here

What do you guys think?
I play 11 min quarters, and for the realism part I like it for normal scores, also to get some of my bench guys actual time on the court. I changed the season length tho (29 games) and the playoff format (3,3,5,7) I want to make sure i get a few seasons done, to actually see if i can sustain having a good team for more than 1 year. I dont really check FG% or anything like that and i like the way i have it set up, make it tricky to make the playoffs if i dont win early.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #6
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I play 11 min quarters, and for the realism part I like it for normal scores, also to get some of my bench guys actual time on the court. I changed the season length tho (29 games) and the playoff format (3,3,5,7) I want to make sure i get a few seasons done, to actually see if i can sustain having a good team for more than 1 year. I dont really check FG% or anything like that and i like the way i have it set up, make it tricky to make the playoffs if i dont win early.
Good point with getting the bench players time on the court
Old 10-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmankey1
Good point with getting the bench players time on the court
Yeah i started out with 8 min quarters and since im playing with the Raptors, who have a decent bench that plays a good chunk of minutes at certain positions, a guy like Vasquez was playing 8-10 a game so just didnt feel right. The games take longer obviously but i figured with a short season it makes up for it.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #8
Banned

I play 9min Quarters like in 2K14, Stats seem fine. But does it matter, because of the "Normalize Simulated Minutes" Option?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »