Home

Is MUT worth playing if you don't buy packs?

This is a discussion on Is MUT worth playing if you don't buy packs? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4
Is MUT worth playing if you don't buy packs?

Just got Madden '15 this morning. I've never delved too deep into Ultimate Team. The last time I actually truly played it was on Madden '12. I played pretty well, I reckon, but nothing out of this world.

I'm intrigued enough to give it another whirl this year, but is it worth it? And by worth it, I mean, do most players who go into the mode purchase player packs from EA? If one were to not do that, would it still be worth playing in the long haul?

Apologies if my question is a little cryptic -- didn't sleep well last night, so I'm kind of careless tossing words around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Is MUT worth playing if you don't buy packs?

I would guess it's not, because you would rarely get any new players.

I'm assuming from your question that you think all packs must be purchased with actual money? Because you can just "purchase" packs with coins earned through playing MUT games/solo challenges vs. CPU.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

I'm assuming from your question that you think all packs must be purchased with actual money? Because you can just "purchase" packs with coins earned through playing MUT games/solo challenges vs. CPU.
Yessir. That was my original intention with my question, but also mostly in regards to how there are people out there who do spend a decent amount of actual money to make their team stand out rather than earning coins.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:30 PM   #4
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

I bet most players do who don't wanna do the challenges so they rather pay to get an all 99 rated team.

I've never spent money on MUT at all and in 25 I had a 85 overall rated team and in 15 I have a 73 rated team...I don't play it much just useally get the free packs and those players in it.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have used my money to buy players I want in the auction house. I also have used a few dollars for the BCA packs cause I support that. But beyond that I just play stuff to earn coins and go to the auction. If I get two of any card I will sell it or put it in a set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

It's actually a really fun mode for people that like the challenge of building their team. I was always an offline franchise guy then started playing in leagues because I enjoy playing other users, but I just started MUT a little over a week ago and it's been a complete blast.

It's a really fun compliment to Leagues or offline CFM and you don't need to pay for packs to challenge yourself and that's the fun of it.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:44 PM   #7
Rookie

I've played mut the last tao years without spending a cent and I love it. It challenges you on how you manage your team, coins, etc. I'm up to an 83 overall this year, and in all madden 2nd string tier.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #8
Rookie

iamcline's Arena

It is definitely a rewarding game mode if you want to grind it out and build a solid team without spending real money on packs. All depends on how patient you are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »