Home

Anybody disappointed with 2k presentation this year?

This is a discussion on Anybody disappointed with 2k presentation this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2014, 01:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anybody disappointed with 2k presentation this year?

Now before I bashed this year game, I do appreciated the start of game.. the national anthem, the calling of player lineups, the cheerleaders and the pregame show with shaq is interesting to watch.

But what i dont understand is why they keep taking good stuff away from past games, like the dumb down version of a half time report, and if they could make a pregame show with shaq, the least they could do is to make a short post game show as well after each quick game.

Also, just like last year's game, they do away with the mode to play the all star weekend and limit it to mygm and my career.. WHY OH WHY??!?
They already have it in there,
the 3pt contest(which i would so much rather they just make it be like the freestyle way of shooting (pure timing) instead of being all creative with all this weird way to release the balls in rhythm thing)
the dunk contest and the all stars game
why can't they just add one more mode to the menu and add them to it?!? they have done it before!!

I would never understand why they wanna take the good stuff out of a game (its not like the allstar mode is similar to the jordan challenge thing because i know that was supposed to be just for that year)

Why take away good modes and presentation people grew to love and dumb it down in next year's version?
is it just so they could say "ohh we are bringing back allstar weekend this year" next year? smh.

Last edited by kchui1028; 10-08-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 02:13 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Anybody disappointed with 2k presentation this year?

Yes the presentation is really below standards for a next gen sports game
and considering this is an area the competition does extremely well.

I think most would agree Presentation for this franchise needs to
go back to the drawing board for 2K16.

And on a side note I'm not one to complain about music but this
has got to be the worst soundtrack in the games history.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:56 AM   #3
Rookie

lilmikey201's Arena

needs the tnt team.new commentary, new commentators besides kevin harlan and alternating ones! needs halftime report,showing them sitting at the desk talking blah blah and post game show!
and also would love a weekly show like espn or something showing top highlights
Old 10-08-2014, 04:01 AM   #4
MVP

Hows the gameplay though? Any big improvements?
Old 10-08-2014, 06:51 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

The presentation is really great in some areas but very poor in others like the omission of halftime highlights and post game analysis. It just feels unfinished in my opinion.

I was so excited to move over to next gen because of all the disc space available but never would i have guessed that it would have been used for a story mode and mypark.

Opportunity missed this year but hopefully next year we can have true next gen presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #6
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

In terms of in-game presentation, I'm not seeing any graphic displays/banners when Harlan says something like "let's take a look at how the Warriors did last year vs their division" for example. Instead, the game just stalls and shows something random like the crowd or benches from awkward angles.

This happened to me in regular franchise mode (I forget what it's called now, way too confusing with all this my_____ crap)

Other than that and the lack of halftime show, I'm loving the how sharp the other presentation elements are like the menus, replay swipes, etc.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Presentation has definitely taken a step back this year. 2K used to be the overall leader in presentation hands down, but this year, not so much.

They have a good foundation with shaq and ernie in the pregame, build on that and add it to the halftime show. Get back. To the TV presentation they were known for and things will be good again.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

You guys don't like the cheerleaders dancing for 5 minutes? You get to see a whole routine for the first time in next gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »