Home

Hall of fame- wow

This is a discussion on Hall of fame- wow within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2014, 12:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Hall of fame- wow

So I have been playing on Hall of Fame since I got the game last week. Before I continue, let me make it clear that I definitely enjoy a challenge in all aspects of life. I expected HOF to be tough but wow.... Are we serious??? It took me a little bit just to be able to compete. The biggest thing to me is the shot contesting. You can be right up on a guy contesting their shot and it seems like they make it 80% of the time. The fadeaway and floaters seem close to unstoppable against someone like AD. Why is Tyreke Evans making closely defended 3 pointers......consistently?????

This may be a bit of a rant but I am curious what the other impressions are of this difficulty. Don't get me wrong, I have been able to win a few games against the CPU but it has been tough. I know 2K will still do some tuning but....... What do you guys think?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 01:56 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Hall of fame- wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddot27
So I have been playing on Hall of Fame since I got the game last week. Before I continue, let me make it clear that I definitely enjoy a challenge in all aspects of life. I expected HOF to be tough but wow.... Are we serious??? It took me a little bit just to be able to compete. The biggest thing to me is the shot contesting. You can be right up on a guy contesting their shot and it seems like they make it 80% of the time. The fadeaway and floaters seem close to unstoppable against someone like AD. Why is Tyreke Evans making closely defended 3 pointers......consistently?????

This may be a bit of a rant but I am curious what the other impressions are of this difficulty. Don't get me wrong, I have been able to win a few games against the CPU but it has been tough. I know 2K will still do some tuning but....... What do you guys think?!
Hall of Fame has always been a CPU cheese mode with massive artificial boosts.

If you want realism, don't play HoF. The bragging rights aren't worth it.

The game AI was balanced on Superstar/Sim, so that would probably be a good target.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:00 AM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Even Superstar/Sim isn't balanced. It seems no matter the difficulty level, the game favors the CPU in all areas.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

yup hall of fame is tough this year.. AI players are quicker in movement to contest and the shot timing is even smaller than before.. not to mention you have a hard time doing that post spin move into basket thing like 2k14.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks guys. Glad to know I'm not going crazy. This + the online lag made for frustrating experience last night
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #6
Rookie

cpu makes about 95% of their shots. It's literally insane.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Quote:
It seems no matter the difficulty level, the game favors the CPU in all areas.
not on rookie , pro & All star difficulty.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddot27

This is more of a general response to anyone. Two slow questions (always hate it when people keep saying quick question when it's never quick).

(A) Is there a reason why people immediately jumps to the highest difficulty level and expect to dominate on day one, or even week one, or even the first month. There's a reason why it's the most challenging.

(B) What does "Hall of Fame" truly means? HALL ... OF ... FAME ... That means players are legendary, their skill and execution level are elite, top 5%. They're classified as hall of famers for a reason. They're able to make contested shots left and right, rebound, pass, steal at elite level. Drop your skill level and practice.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »