Home

small trick to the scanning method found...

This is a discussion on small trick to the scanning method found... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
small trick to the scanning method found...

UPDATE...NAILED 6000+

The best I got was a 5081 but also got a 5080. The tutorial isn't bad but I'm not shopping for a face scan in game and a useless sheet. I achieved it with natural light from bedroom window on the right side and a lamp set back on the left. Second lamp set directly behind me.

ABSOLUTELY KEEP THE CAMERA STATIONERY! I just propped my PS camera up on a case that holds burnable DVD 's and sat in a position where I could brace my elbows on my knees which helps keep the head steady. Here's the biggest tool of it all: SPEED KILLS!

When you begin your looking into the right lens of the camera. There's 2 thoughts on this and it's figuring out your timing...

1~ rotate from front to left but peek at the screen every so often and at the 51% mark head back to the right. If your speed is right you'll be at 30%~40% turned at the 51% scanned mark and maintaining the same speed going back right you should get to the 30%~40% at approximately 97% scanned. Either stay there or start back at the same speed towards the front and your done.

2~this method is for those that can't keep it still long enough. The process is the same but your target % of scanning is to the left until 24%, all the way back to the right by 51%, back fully to the left at 74% and finish completely back to the right by 97% or finished

Last edited by pantherfan076; 10-08-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 07:24 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: small trick to the scanning method found...

Has anyone tired this and if so post your score of the scans, I'm curious
Old 10-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan076
Has anyone tired this and if so post your score of the scans, I'm curious
i will try this today after work...ive done it like a million times...and cant get nothing but alien face...i need so much help! most points i can get is like 2k...it says above average scan, however doesn't look human
Old 10-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
Rookie

The trick is that it doesn't work on xb1
Old 10-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMortensenDSPN
The trick is that it doesn't work on xb1
I wish I could help there but I don't have an Xbox 1. Being that the game is programmed the same my guess is the Kinect camera as the issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #6
Rookie

I know we're not supposed to link in here, so i'll just say i have a full tutorial up on my channel and i got like 6500. Hope it helps some people.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobbyh14x
I know we're not supposed to link in here, so i'll just say i have a full tutorial up on my channel and i got like 6500. Hope it helps some people.
Using which method?
Old 10-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

It’s really surprising to me how much difficulty so many people are having with the face scans. I’ve scanned numerous times in my bedroom, and also my basement (different lighting) and I get successful scans every single time. I get at LEAST 4800 reference points, and that’s the absolute minimum. But I’m usually up between 5000-5800 points, and a couple of times I had over 6000 reference points. I had just one scan that was 2600 reference points, but that was the very first try. OP makes some good suggestions, but I’d like to add a few more… OP, feel free to add some of these to your first post.

- Keep in mind it’s taking pictures of your face and photography is all about lighting. A lot of lighting is good, but there is such thing as TOO MUCH lighting. If there’s too much light reflecting on your face the camera will lose track of it. Even if it’s just one part of your face, like your forehead... any bright spot is bad
- For best results, make sure the lighting is even all around you.
- If you are too close to the TV, the white screen will reflect onto your face and will wash out your face, and your character will look he’s wearing a crap ton of foundation makeup. I had this problem for the first few times. The scans were accurate, but my face was super bright, I looked like a geisha. Move back a bit, or dim your screen.
- related to the above, if the camera is losing track of your face for no apparent reason, it might be because there's too much light on your face. To resolve, reduce lighting somehow. I also had this problem, and resolved it by dimming my TV quite a bit.
- Fill the square with your FACE, not head… from eyebrow to chin.
- Like OP said, turn your head VERY SLOWLY. The slower you turn, the more accurate the reference points will be.
- The directions say to turn 30 degrees, but I turn much more than that… I’d estimate 45 degrees, maybe even a bit more. I’m not sure if I’m doing that right, but it works for me.

Tip: take a standard sheet of paper (8.5”x11”) and place it lengthwise between the camera and your face. If you are further than the sheet of paper then the camera will not be able to get many reference points, if any at all. For me, the ideal distance is a bit longer than a game case… at this distance I am regularly getting between 5000-5800 reference points. I’ve scanned around a dozen times.

If you get the hang of it, and get the ideal lighting, you will be able to see slight blemishes on your skin. It’s pretty cool. I hope this info helps.

Last edited by prolifik; 10-08-2014 at 05:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »