Home

NBA 2k Swan Song on Last Gen

This is a discussion on NBA 2k Swan Song on Last Gen within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2k Swan Song on Last Gen

Let me start off by saying I have been buying 2k since NBA2k7. Without a doubt they have been the Top Game in the Basketball Community for YEARS. I was Hoping they would give the Last Gen consoles a Proper Sendoff. I didnt expect the Same Game as Current Gen, but I did expect a Few things.

I did expect to have the Additional EuroLeague teams that were Added to have REAL Players, be Customizable and to be Playable in Association. Anyone who has been Associated with REDMC knows this would have taken 10 seconds to make the Players Customizable and Association Mode Playable.

I did Expect the SAME Updated Roster with Player Movements as Current Gen, again MAYBE would have taken a day at Most.

I guess I expected more when Fans are supposed to be #1. I seriously think a mistake was made by COMPLETELY Ignoring 2 whole systems. I guess time will tell.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

Last edited by vtcrb; 10-07-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2k Swan Song on Last Gen

Ignore? Does 2K know that Xbox 360 and PS3 still exist? Oh that's right, they had bigger things to work on like the whole scan your face into the game addition. I was planning on getting an XBOX One around Christmas when they drop the price to $350 and I know one game I will not be purchasing for that console and that is NBA 2K15. Looks like EA and NBA Live are going to be my long shot in the dark.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Old 10-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35

I can't imagine they aren't going to update rosters, at least once. That would be pretty lousy if they didn't.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR LAST GEN. I am an old school 2k guy. Went out last night to get my ps3 copy. The game is the same as 2k14. Save your money for new system. Played for a few hours last night. My player is the same. Rookie showcase and draft. In a gm meeting I said something about David stern as commish. Steve Kerr announcing. Love on twolves. Preorder vc didn't work. Haven't checked today. New shoot system sucks. I played one blacktop game. Same court. Had a good game with epic comeback for the win and them gave me the loss. My team has only 3 packs. Can't buy players only packs. No team packs is good. You can still buy vc and boost your my player up.

SAVE YOUR MONEY KIDS AND BUY A Ps4 or xbox1.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #5
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

VT MESSAGE ME
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #6
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

What a bummer year.

I'm still on 360/PS3, and the only new sports game I purchased was The Show (mainly for quick counts).

No NCAA this year and I'm not picking up Madden, NHL, FIFA, NBA 2k...games I ALWAYS purchased every year.

I'm 41 with a young child...not sure when I'll upgrade to a PS4. Is this the end of new sports games for me?

Probably not, but I am pretty frustrated that these companies didn't support at least one more year of key improvements.

(With that said, at least Madden added the new connected careers stuff and FIFA added some gameplay changes...)

Here's the one shining light...all the sports games got to a place where they are all pretty great (in my opinion). I love Madden 25, FIFA 14, 2k14, NCAA...so at least I'll be happy for a while.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #7
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Also its foolish to not go next gen anymore.

NBA 2K15 on next gen is AMAZING this year smooth editable and plays great out of the box. For slider editor to NOT be touching sliders yet sez ALOT
Old 10-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
VT MESSAGE ME
Your Inbox is full. Hit me up on TEC or Twitter.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »