Home

Fifa 15 Online Impressions?

This is a discussion on Fifa 15 Online Impressions? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Fifa 15 Online Impressions?

I was wondering what people though specifically about the online portion of the game. I am solely an online player, and was hooked to Fifa 14. I absolutely loved it.

Based on the single player impressions, it seems fifa 15 may be lacking from a tactical and CPU AI standpoint. That said, what is everyone's opinion of the online portion in terms of gameplay? Similar to FIFA 14? Faster or slower pace? Are through balls or lofted balls overpowered?

I'm positive that the online portion is chock-full of assisted ping-pong passing players, but I do not mind playing randoms every now and then, when none of my manual/semi-assisted FIFA friends are online.

I would really appreciate any impressions. I'm still on the fence!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Fifa 15 Online Impressions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-Phenom
I was wondering what people though specifically about the online portion of the game. I am solely an online player, and was hooked to Fifa 14. I absolutely loved it.

Based on the single player impressions, it seems fifa 15 may be lacking from a tactical and CPU AI standpoint. That said, what is everyone's opinion of the online portion in terms of gameplay? Similar to FIFA 14? Faster or slower pace? Are through balls or lofted balls overpowered?

I'm positive that the online portion is chock-full of assisted ping-pong passing players, but I do not mind playing randoms every now and then, when none of my manual/semi-assisted FIFA friends are online.

I would really appreciate any impressions. I'm still on the fence!
speed is a bit over powered. I know Sergio Aguero and Neymar are really good in real life, but they are Messi plus Ronaldo x5 on fifa.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Online is a bit of joke. I've had some great matches, but I'd say 85% have been against people seeking to exploit the game's worst defensive and GKing flaws rather than just play football.

It's extremely arcadish. Tons of easy chances. Lots of long passes to wide open forwards. Lots of guys dribbling straight to goal from kickoff. Lots of pace abuse. Kids trying to score long shots, know the keeper positioning is off. Very, very little buildup play.

It's a beautiful game full of extraordinary attacking play with little realistic football. It can be fun when it all comes together, but it can also be a frustrating mess.

If they'd tighten up the defending - both the AI and the defensive mechanics - and eliminated the exploits - most importantly the long shot goals - then it'd be good fun. As it is right now, it's pretty silly.

Last edited by mfp; 10-06-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:32 AM   #4
Banned

lions67's Arena

OVR: 0

i play semi-assisted controls 10 min halves, slow speed and custom.
can never have enough players that like to play a sim style game. so if you like semi-assited/manual games, then add my PSN. Lions67
Old 10-08-2014, 05:30 AM   #5
Rookie

TX117's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm 21-13-31 online. I can't get past division 8. I had 9 points and lost my last 2 matches where I could've been promoted with a win. At leas I didn't get relegated...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »