Home

Scripting is ruining my love of FIFA

This is a discussion on Scripting is ruining my love of FIFA within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Scripting is ruining my love of FIFA

I really started noticing scripting in last year's game, and was hoping that it would be toned down this year, but unfortunately, I think it's just as bad in FIFA 15.

I play Manager Career Mode with Chelsea on the World Class setting. On that difficulty setting I have to work for my goals, and play smart on defense. I have zero problems with that, because it's realistic.

My problem is that I work extremely hard for the goals I score, but the CPU almost always just scores BS goals.. where they dribble through five defenders, or I deflect a pass and it always lands at the feet of another CPU player over and over again, or my goalkeeper all of a sudden acts like he has never played the position before and doesn't grab a ball that's just sitting there. Instead he waits for the CPU to kick it past him for a goal. Or the CPU goes into "God Mode" and they are faster, stronger, etc, and you basically have to sit back and park the bus, but even then, the CPU almost always scores.

It's almost like when the CPU decides they want to score a goal, there's nothing you can do to stop it. The tactics don't work. I'm playing counter-attacking against Swansea City, and it doesn't matter. The CPU has decided that they want to score so it's going to happen.

Very frustrating to me that EA thinks scripting is what creates excitement in a game. I was playing Liverpool and they were up 2-0 at halftime. I literally couldn't do anything right. Couldn't even make a five yard pass to a wide open teammate. Couldn't even sniff the goal. Second half comes around and all of a sudden I can do whatever I want. I magically score those 2 goals to set up.... get this... the 90th minute winner! Who would have ever thought?? I knew either the CPU is scoring or I'm scoring, but someone is scoring at the end of this game, because EA has this match scripted so that it's "exciting" at the end. And sure enough I score in the 90th minute.

I guess I just don't get it. What fun is it when the outcome of a game has already pretty much been decided by the game? Anyone else feel the same way? Maybe I'm just crazy, but I think not, because I noticed that if you mention scripting on the EA message board they ban you. If it wasn't real, why would they care if you talked about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Scripting is ruining my love of FIFA

I've been noticing this too. I just posted about it in the impressions topic. Its really getting on my nerves that I can not hold on to a 1-0 win. The CPU team scores past the 80th minute every time with some crazy goal. Or my defense just takes a possession off to let them score.

I've also had games where they give up a dumb red card early. Like there is no reason for that cpu player to make that dumb sliding tackle challenge. And then they end up winning it a man down with a late goal. They get this crazy boost. And they are always home games for the cpu. So its like some scripted look how good and amazing this team is. They can win at home a man down.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

Could you possibly consider that it isn't scripted but that's just how football goes? Players go a little harder at the end when the game is in the dying moments. They know that pressing forward means they might concede a goal, but it also gives them the opportunity to win it.

I know it shouldn't happen if you don't call for it from a tactical standpoint, but maybe it's just the nature of footballers to do this at the end of games?

Chill out brother, it's a good game.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmayhugh
If it wasn't real, why would they care if you talked about it.
Perhaps because it inevitably devolves into two groups who won't change each other's mind e-shouting back & forth about something they'll never agree on. Which is why we don't want threads about scripting here.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »