Home

The City of Brotherly... Bullies! - A Phildelphia Flyers dynasty (NHL 14)

This is a discussion on The City of Brotherly... Bullies! - A Phildelphia Flyers dynasty (NHL 14) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

OVR: 0
The City of Brotherly... Bullies! - A Phildelphia Flyers dynasty (NHL 14)

The City of Brotherly... Bullies!

Hello and welcome to my new Hockey dynasty with the Philadelphia Flyers. After the early success with the lowly Winnipeg Jets, I'll try to start something from the scratch here while doing a few different things:

Sliders: In my previous dynasty, I played the game with default settings. Now, I'll try PhantomRecon's set of sliders (with a few tweaks).
Simulation: This one will feature more simmed games. I'll play when I feel like doing it instead of having to play every single game. Hockey seasons are long haha
Posting style: I'll try to do previews and recaps by month instead of going with the game-by-game stats/scores. Throwing, often, things like standings, top scorers etc in the mix.
Settings: Game: NHL 14 (PS3)
Period Length: 9 minutes
No-touch Icing
Delayed Offsides
Default rosters, updated from the last trade deadline
Policies:
- DEFAULT TEAM: I MAY NOT propose trades on the first season (accepting trades proposed by the CPU is okay, though)
- LIMITED TRADES: I MAY NOT propose more than 3 trades each season (starting from season 2)
- ACQUIRING EXTRA HELP: If the team makes the playoffs, I can propose one extra trade in the following season, extending the limit to four.
- CONTENDERS' STRENGTH: Every season the team makes the playoffs, I'm allowed (NOTE: allowed, not obliged) to sign a top-tier free agent
- THE FUTURE IS NOW: Every season the team fails to make the playoffs, I'm allowed to do as many trades as I want as long as I earn a draft pick in each one of them. (Note: If I lose a draft pick in the trade, the pick earned must be HIGHER than the pick lost)
- I'M TAKING MY TALENTS TO SOUTH BEACH: If the team fails to make the playoffs for two straight seasons, one of the team's top 3 players MAY be traded/allowed to walk in free agency.
- KEEPING THE CORE: If the team wins the Stanley Cup, the team's top 6 players MUST stay with the team for the next season (if possible).

Well, what to expect? Lots of losing, of course, since with this set of sliders I can't score a goal to save my life. But we may grind our way up to the cup... eventually.
Without further ado:

Let's go, Flyers!
I am the captain of my soul"

New York Islanders | Utah Jazz | Kansas City Chiefs | Aston Villa | Brazil!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #2
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The City of Brotherly... Bullies! - A Phildelphia Flyers dynasty (NHL 14)

Interesting rules you set out for yourself in this dynasty. I'm definitely following. Good Luck.
GLES - USC

Old 10-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
Interesting rules you set out for yourself in this dynasty. I'm definitely following. Good Luck.
Thank you very much, buddy. I tried to make it as hard as I could to see if I can have more realistic results than my previous dynasty. However, I will take some time to start posting games. You know, getting used to sliders set and yadda yadda haha.

Also, Destiny + FIFA 15 really caught me.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

OVR: 17

Interesting set up, best of luck!
Old 10-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
Pro

Braeden's Arena

OVR: 1

The Flyers were a great team to use in NHL 14. Giroux is untouchable. Love playing as him! Best of luck with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2015, 08:47 PM   #6
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

Okay Okay guys I know this took a lot of time but... Let's Get This Started!

Some things will be kinda different, though. The game will be NHL 15 and not NHL 14 like the thread title says (can't change that, sorry). I recently bought the game so I'm getting the ropes of it. That means: no sliders for now. Maybe later, who knows? But I'll start playing in the All-Star Difficulty on Hardcore Game Style (God help me)
The setup (or, as I like to call them, BAT**** RULES) remains the same.

Once again, I beg for your forgiveness for taking a lot of time, but as the Black Eyed Peas once said: LET'S GET IT STARTED!

On the bright side, with this brand new Share Button (yes I'm playing on PS4), there will be 182941949812% more ingame images. I only ask y'all to stick with me while I stumble my way through the games I play, since it will be BAD.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:23 PM   #7
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

October 2014 Schedule

After last season ended in an heartbreaking way, losing a game 7 to the RANGERS of all teams, the Philadelphia Flyers will try to start this brand new season on the right track. It won't be an easy task, since the schedule is pretty hard, but the team is fresh and should put up a good fight in most games. Philly still isn't seen as a contender, a team able to compete with the top dogs in the Eastern Conference (mainly the Penguins, Bruins and, to some state, the Rangers), but this team is scrappy and good enough to make some noise. Expect them to finish this season with lower seeds like #5 or #6

Games I'll be playing: Boston Bruins (A), New Jersey Devils (H), Pittsburgh Penguins (A)

Old 01-18-2015, 09:49 PM   #8
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

Rapid Roster Review

Goalies:
Starter - S. Mason; Backup - R. Emery
If there's one thing we don't need to worry, it's goaltending. Neither of them can be called elite, but both provide solid play between the pipes and I'm okay with that.

Defense:
1st pair - M. Del Zotto, A. Mac Donald
2nd pair - B. Coburn, M. Streit
3rd pair - K. Timonen, L. Schenn

Pretty average, if you ask me. Maybe even a little subpar. Streit and Timonen aren't getting any younger and I don't trust the first pair. This may be our bigger weakness this season and these guys will have to step their game a lot up if we want to make a deep run

Offense:
1st line- W. Simmonds, C. Giroux, J. Voracek
2nd line - M. Raffl, V. Lecavalier, M. Read
3rd line - R. Umberger, B. Schenn, S. Couturier
4th line - Z. Rinaldo, S. Laughton, C. VandeVelde

First, I'll praise our first line simply because they're awesome. Giroux is a beast. Voracek too. Simmonds bring in great help. And they are all 25/26 years old. Hell yeah. Now, let's talk about what, in my humble opinion, isn't that good: our depth. Mainly at the left wing. Bringing in RJ Umberger helps a little, but still isn't enough. Our entire roster goes from average to good and that isn't enough for a team that wants to contend every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »