Home

RapboY's 2015 Draft Class and CAPs (PS4)

This is a discussion on RapboY's 2015 Draft Class and CAPs (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-01-2014, 05:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
RapboY's 2015 Draft Class and CAPs (PS4)

2015 DRAFT CLASS

RapboY Draft Class v2.0 is now uploaded!

Online ID: wjr_19
Name: RapboY 2015 v2.0

Change log for v2.0:

- Updated Ratings and Tendencies

- Updates Signatures

- Updated Faces and Hairstyles

- Updated Badges

- Accurate Wingspan Lengths

- Added Players:
1) Myles Turner
2) Chris McCollough
3) D'Angelo Russell
4) Christian Wood
5) Rakeem Christmas
6) Keifer Sykes

- Removed Players:
1) Wayne Selden
2) Sindarius Thornwell
3) Marc Garcia
4) Egemen Guven
5) Jabari Bird
6) Perry Ellis

- Global age edit, everyone should now have the correct age except for these:

1) Emmanuel Mudiay
2) Jahlil Okafor
3) Justise Winslow
4) D'Angelo Russell
5) Stanley Johnson
6) Kevon Looney
7) Tyus Jones
8) Myles Turner
9) Christian Wood
10) Ilimane Diop
11) Aleksandar Vezenkov
12) Nedim Buza

In the game some of them become 20 by the time the draft starts. In real life they should all be 19 years old during NBA Draft 2015 (July of 2015).

If you want you can edit their ages during your 2nd season to maintian realism.

Enjoy!

Draft Class 15 v0.1 is up!

This is version 0.1, let me know if you find anything weird. Full Official release of v1.0 will be on November 10th!

Hello OS!

So just a little Intro to my brand new YouTube channel, RapboY Gaming and Tech or RapboY GT. It's going to focus mostly on the 2015 Draft Class and Created Players.

Hopefully you guys can subscribe, and also follow me on Twitter.

I created Draft Classes for 2K11-2K13 and those were the best early draft classes, but I did not really update them to reflect the real draft classes once the real NBA Draft came in June. But this year I'm planning to do regular updates on the Draft Classes, I'm planning on at least 3 releases (Initial, All Star Break, Playoffs) and hopefully you guys can support me on this project.

Right now I'm just collecting all the info I can about the 2015 Draft Class, so if guys can give me links to good articles that would be great, especially with regards to NBA comparisons because that is one of my main basis when creating players.

QUESTION: This is gonna be my 1st NBA 2K on next gen, as I did not play 2K14 on PS4, so I'm not gonna be familiar with the CAP and ratings system, is it totally different from previous gen? Or is it just mostly the same with some tweaks here and there?

I'm also looking for an XBox One and PC player I can collaborate with to convert my Draft Classes once I release them, so if you want to work with me on that or if you know someone, please do let me know.

Again, hopefully you guys can support me by subscribing to my Youtube channel and following me on Twitter.

Last edited by RapboY; 12-11-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 09:05 AM   #2
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: RapboY's 2015 Draft Class and CAPs (PS4)

Well Next Gen had no CAP system outside of draft classes which seemed less in depth than last gen or equal to but not much changed as far as the rating system went, maybe a tweak or two from what I have seen. This year will probably be new to most players when it comes to CAP and the rating system has been redone this year. New fresh start I will say

Last edited by MarvellousOne; 10-01-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:05 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Perfect, I was looking for a real life set do compliment JP's.

My advice is to skew them slightly based on how 2k drafts, for example I made a 15 and 16 class last year, and within those two tears (at least right now) there a bunch of PF's and Centers at the top, so I made those the best, and the draft gets so big-heavy the top 5's fall because of lack of need. So unless they fix that, I would inflate some of the guards or wings for the sake of balance.

Also, I always use DraftExpress since they're far and away one of the best draft sites and clearly outline strengths/weaknesses, as well as an analysis. With the younger classes (2016 and if you're doing a 2017) you can add an inch or two, or some weight to a prospect if you want since they often grow a little. Adding an Inch to malik Newman really makes him worhty of that top 5 consideration.

NBAdraft.net is also a good site to use, I used them for a long time.

As you can see, I'm really really into drafts, so I wouldn't mind being an advisor to this project

Good luck man, I'll be sure to be first in line for the download (if I haven't my own already )
Old 10-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
Well Next Gen had no CAP system outside of draft classes which seemed less in depth than last gen or equal to but not much changed as far as the rating system went, maybe a tweak or two from what I have seen. This year will probably be new to most players when it comes to CAP and the rating system has been redone this year. New fresh start I will say
Nice! So I guess there's not much adjusting for me to worry about. I'm excited about the new system hopefully they give us a lot of decent options on hair/facial hair, because on last gen they did have quite a selection of hairs but some were just really weird and unusable lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanandero
Perfect, I was looking for a real life set do compliment JP's.

My advice is to skew them slightly based on how 2k drafts, for example I made a 15 and 16 class last year, and within those two tears (at least right now) there a bunch of PF's and Centers at the top, so I made those the best, and the draft gets so big-heavy the top 5's fall because of lack of need. So unless they fix that, I would inflate some of the guards or wings for the sake of balance.

Also, I always use DraftExpress since they're far and away one of the best draft sites and clearly outline strengths/weaknesses, as well as an analysis. With the younger classes (2016 and if you're doing a 2017) you can add an inch or two, or some weight to a prospect if you want since they often grow a little. Adding an Inch to malik Newman really makes him worhty of that top 5 consideration.

NBAdraft.net is also a good site to use, I used them for a long time.

As you can see, I'm really really into drafts, so I wouldn't mind being an advisor to this project

Good luck man, I'll be sure to be first in line for the download (if I haven't my own already )
Yes, for my draft classes the main site I use is NBAdraft.net, and I use DraftExpress as my secondary. It's just a personal preference, I've been using those since around 2007 I think so I have a decent grasp on how to use them.

I also do a lot of tests to check how the CPU drafts, hopefully the new MyLeague system doesn't make it too hard to get the results I want. Although draft classes are really never accurate this early, so that's not too important.

Thanks for the tips I'll keep them in mind.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was just thinking of another thing that I always do, not sure if you do too, but I always want the top 5 big board to be my top 5 overalls, and I gonna try to get away from doing that this year. A guy like Okafor is one of those guys you could make an 80/81 but with low potential because he's already at his cieling basically, but Cliff Alexander (who last time I checked is around 3 depending on mudiay) would be a low 70 with higher potential since he can only run, dunk, rebound and block right now. Juggling the overall/potnetial/draft placement is always tough for me. Especially getting guys like Winslow or Johnson where I want them with defense always getting the 2k shaft.

That's the stuff I'm gonna try to be better at this year in my draft adventures. Sorry to ramble, I love real drafts and 2K, so these projects are so dope to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #6
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10

How many players are you planning on having in your classes?
Old 10-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanandero
I was just thinking of another thing that I always do, not sure if you do too, but I always want the top 5 big board to be my top 5 overalls, and I gonna try to get away from doing that this year. A guy like Okafor is one of those guys you could make an 80/81 but with low potential because he's already at his cieling basically, but Cliff Alexander (who last time I checked is around 3 depending on mudiay) would be a low 70 with higher potential since he can only run, dunk, rebound and block right now. Juggling the overall/potnetial/draft placement is always tough for me. Especially getting guys like Winslow or Johnson where I want them with defense always getting the 2k shaft.

That's the stuff I'm gonna try to be better at this year in my draft adventures. Sorry to ramble, I love real drafts and 2K, so these projects are so dope to me
I know what you mean, it's no problem at all lol. Right now I have a rough idea of the ratings I want to give the 2015 1st rounders based on the ratings that 2k have released so far. I don't tend to give high ratings. Right now Jahlil is the highest rated at 77. It's patterned to how 2k rated rookies this year. I might change them depending on what I learn about the rating system of 2k15. I also plan to speak with Mike Stauffer when the game comes out so I can have a better understanding of the ratings system asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane3490
How many players are you planning on having in your classes?
Right now i'm planning on at least 75.

What I usually do is release version 1.0 once I finish the 1st rounders. Then release a 2nd and final version once everyone's done.

I'm not sure if I'll follow that this year, it will depend a lot on how fast I can work with this new CAP system.

What do you think? And is 75 a good number for you personally?

I might have to create a poll about this.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #8
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10

Well apparently you can do 150 players which is extremely high without a draft and stash aspect of the game. Personally I've always filled the 80 but find it hard. It just depends on the amount of fringe guys out there that could possibly make it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »