Home

Funny Gamestop preorder story

This is a discussion on Funny Gamestop preorder story within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Talking Funny Gamestop preorder story

I just went to one of my local Gamestop stores to preorder NBA live 15 and the manager looked at me with a funny look and said "Wow, I manage 2 stores and you're the only one who has preordered so far" and said "I'm gonna call you the 1 Live guy". I told him I thought Live was gonna surprise some people this year and that I was gonna give it a try. He said he actually got to play it at the Gamestop expo a few weeks ago along with the other basketball game and some other stuff. He then showed me an autographed picture taken with Michael Carter Williams. He said that if I am a true Live fan, then I wouldn't be disappointed. But if I wanted the better of the two games, then the other bball game should be the choice. He said EA told everyone that played it, that it was an early build with functional systems, but that a lot of additional upgrades did not make it into the build they were playing. He agreed that the game looked tremendously better than last year and that it still played like "Live" but a bit smoother without alot of the hiccups and glitchy movements like last year. Currently he said he has over 200 preorders for the other game and 1 for Live15 and that he thinks it will sell more after it's release especially when they can put it in their kiosks in their stores so people can try it while they're in there shopping during the holidays. He did say that "There was no comparison between Live 14 and 15. Two totally different games. Very noticeable graphics upgrade and moderate enough gameplay upgrade."Good enough for me. They did also say that since it was coming out on the same day as WWE15 they would sell Live during the midnight launch with WWE for those who preordered.

Last edited by wdh6325; 09-29-2014 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Misspellings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Funny Gamestop preorder story

Least he was honest about which game is the better of the 2. I pre-ordered 2k but I still plan on picking up Live because 15 DOES look vastly improved over 14.
Even if the game is still not quite there yet in terms of the on-court product, I want to support them so I have a chance to enjoy a great live 16.

I am hoping that enough people pick up 15 to ensure that this team has ample opportunity to continue to make strides moving forward.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdh6325
I just went to one of my local Gamestop stores to preorder NBA live 15 and the manager looked at me with a funny look and said "Wow, I manage 2 stores and you're the only one who has preordered so far" and said "I'm gonna call you the 1 Live guy". I told him I thought Live was gonna surprise some people this year and that I was gonna give it a try. He said he actually got to play it at the Gamestop expo a few weeks ago along with the other basketball game and some other stuff. He then showed me an autographed picture taken with Michael Carter Williams. He said that if I am a true Live fan, then I wouldn't be disappointed. But if I wanted the better of the two games, then the other bball game should be the choice. He said EA told everyone that played it, that it was an early build with functional systems, but that a lot of additional upgrades did not make it into the build they were playing. He agreed that the game looked tremendously better than last year and that it still played like "Live" but a bit smoother without alot of the hiccups and glitchy movements like last year. Currently he said he has over 200 preorders for the other game and 1 for Live15 and that he thinks it will sell more after it's release especially when they can put it in their kiosks in their stores so people can try it while they're in there shopping during the holidays. He did say that "There was no comparison between Live 14 and 15. Two totally different games. Very noticeable graphics upgrade and moderate enough gameplay upgrade."Good enough for me. They did also say that since it was coming out on the same day as WWE15 they would sell Live during the midnight launch with WWE for those who preordered.
thanks for the post!!!! some good stuff in there. live 15 will be better but live is what i'm waiting for.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:46 AM   #4
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Imagine this game was supposed to come out next week smh. I already know I will enjoy the game play if everything is how its supposed to be, I just hate how they're hiding it
Old 09-30-2014, 04:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

I also went to my local game store for preorder some games (Little Big Planet 3& Live15 & 2K15). They said you don't need to preorder live15!! It will be available on day one. no one preorder it!!

Hope Live 15 will surprise us !!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 04:34 AM   #6
Rookie

I agree xerxes313. If EA can deliver a decent game and build on it, maybe the fan base can grow and Live can too. The manager game me the impression that if felt like a decent game, but that most people would be playing the other one. Time will tell. But really looking forward to it.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:49 AM   #7
Rookie

I'm glad the Gamestop manager did not hype up the game to you, and still admitted the competition was still the better choice. The fact that you were the first to pre-order Live out of 200 2k pre-orders in that store is very telling. I know it would not be pretty if we were able to tally up all the pre-order numbers between both games world-wide at the moment . All I can say is Live is once again taking on unwanted risks that will continue to affect them. Their MO for four straight years is that they have either delayed or canceled because they do not have confidence in their game. I'm not confident that the sales will be there for them because their rep is in the mud as of now, and most people will not believe them until they actually see with their own eyes that gameplay has been improved. The EA Access thing hurts them as well because most gamers have a PS4, so they won't be able to target that market until the game actually comes out. I'm just baffled how EA let this game become a shell of itself knowing that basketball is a lucrative market world-wide. The competition is going to dominate the market with that face scanning tech they have introduced for this year. The casuals are going to eat that up, which will probably be the competitions best sales year ever.

Last edited by shutdown10; 09-30-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:54 AM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm excited about the gameplay and graphics improvements I didn't think it would pass 2k that's unrealistic .

But I think live 16 They have to include and improve game face , they need to add NBA street as a mode , a deeper dynasty and rising star mode. They are just too behind in these aspects.

That said I can't wait for 10.28
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 09-30-2014 at 07:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »