Home

Best Madden for PS2 CPU vs CPU mode?

This is a discussion on Best Madden for PS2 CPU vs CPU mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
Rookie

user_pick's Arena

OVR: 0
Best Madden for PS2 CPU vs CPU mode?

I'm looking to start a NCAA-to-Madden "alternate universe" and I can't decide which Madden to use.

I like to do CPU vs CPU and let the games play out while I manage the teams (recruit in NCAA, manage rosters/draft in Madden). Because I don't actually play the games I don't mind the presence of in-game features like "vision cone" and stuff like that. I'm more looking for presentation things like stats being displayed often during the games and celebration cut-scenes. Stuff like that. Realistic year-to-year player progression and realistic rookie ratings and playing time are a few things that are very important as well.

Does anyone have an opinion on which Madden (between 06, 07, and 08) is the best for this type of playing style on the PS2?

Thanks for the input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Best Madden for PS2 CPU vs CPU mode?

Personally I am a Madden 06' PS2 fanboy. I liked the Progression/Regression, the passing ball control (it felt like the best iteration in regards to touch passing, bullet passes, and everything in-between), and it was the last Madden game that stayed in my console for months.

And it was actually solid in the CPU vs. CPU mode I used to like building a team up and watching my guys perform on the field without my intervention.

Finally if you get bored, it did have the first and best release of Superstar Mode (before the "streamlining" process that started occurring during the PS3 years).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »