Home

QB THA vs SAC/MAC/DAC

This is a discussion on QB THA vs SAC/MAC/DAC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
QB THA vs SAC/MAC/DAC

Is there an impact in-game on the other 3 based on THA?

Background:
I am 3 seasons into a CF and have Derek Carr pretty much maxed out TP and accuracies (95+ before confidence), however, when the games are loading he shows up with THA 76. He constantly over throws receivers on streaks. I also drafted a rookie this year who is a 78 overall with 92 THP and 84 SAC, 81 MAC, and 82 DAC. I let him start the last preseason game and he had a THA of 92. He constantly hit the deep routes in stride and even the shorter routes were dead on. Despite having lower ratings he appears to be the more accurate QB.

Anyone else experience something like this?

Last edited by jeffhamm; 09-25-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: QB THA vs SAC/MAC/DAC

It's been stated repeatedly by the Madden developers that THA is only used during game simulation and that SAC, MAC, and DAC are the ratings used during core gameplay.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
It's been stated repeatedly by the Madden developers that THA is only used during game simulation and that SAC, MAC, and DAC are the ratings used during core gameplay.
I've heard this one and I've also heard it actually reflects lead passing. So a high THA is gonna let you guide it in better. A bad one will have more erratic throws when trying to use lead pass.

It does seem to help, I edit THA 100 then 0 in practice and noticed a diffrence. This could also be placebo effect to though. So anybody else feel free to try and post your results.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:53 PM   #4
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdcgg81
I've heard this one and I've also heard it actually reflects lead passing. So a high THA is gonna let you guide it in better. A bad one will have more erratic throws when trying to use lead pass.

It does seem to help, I edit THA 100 then 0 in practice and noticed a diffrence. This could also be placebo effect to though. So anybody else feel free to try and post your results.
Sounds like placebo effect. The developers come out just about every year around this time and say it is only there for simming, it has no effect on gameplay.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:08 AM   #5
Just started!

It's been stated repeatedly by the Madden developers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 03:33 AM   #6
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

I've had this exact same issue. It's Not just for simulating. That is just not true at all and they know that. It DOES have an effect on gameplay. Surely the people experiencing this aren't making it up if it's happening to multiple people. If it's a simulated thing, great, fine, but they shouldn't say it's not tied to gameplay if it actually is. I see the difference between low THA and high THA despite the other 3 ratings, and I know I'm not tripping.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:05 AM   #7
Rookie

saybur's Arena

Even if it is only tied to simulating, what's up with not being able to upgrade it? I personally play most of my games, but I know a lot of people just manage rosters and sim all games. So we will never see improvement to accuracy from a QB if we simulate?
Old 09-25-2014, 06:20 AM   #8
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

I've also seen it reported multiple times in the past that THA affects simming, rather than in-game throwing accuracy.

I'm starting to believe certain things about attributes too now, though. I am definitely starting to think Ball Carrier Vision is certainly making my RB automatically weave through creases up the gut, push off O-lineman, and even a quick side-step when running right into the back of an O-lineman, all while keeping his balance. This is after playing two different RBs back and forth with a pretty big difference in BCV as well.

So afterall, what do I really know about THA affecting in-game throwing mechanics, besides what I read in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »