Home

Does Computer cheat?

This is a discussion on Does Computer cheat? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Does Computer cheat?

Really does the computer cheat in this game or what, unless it just me. It seem like everytime i have a lead in the game, they comeback on me. a few times they don't be it seem like they cheat in this game. it may just be me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Does Computer cheat?

These threads usually never go well, and people bring up CPU cheating on forums for every sports game.

There's a number of people who are convinced that there is no comeback AI of any sort.

There's a number of people who are convinced there is a comeback AI of some sort.

These people argue their beliefs, but fail to convince the other side.

My point of view....the CPU scores plenty of goals on me. I get frustrated when they score in the closing minute for a key goal, but then I think back and realize they also score at various times and periods of the game. Why is it that only when they score late I get suspicious as if I am entitled to hold on? The game is 3 periods and 15 minutes each, and the entire duration needs to be played. No portion is off limits.

Same thing in baseball. There are 9 innings. Why is it only suspicious if they score runs in the 9th when trailing? Why is it OK to score runs in the top of the 1st?
Old 09-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

While this has been pointed out numerous times over the years about this issue, after playing this game more and more and paying attention to the sliders, I think the "comeback" people say exists, is directly tied to the sliders.

I've been playing on "All Star" and tried various sliders. If there was "comeback", it would happen on ALL slider sets. It does not. I've won 6-0 and lost 6-0. However, what I have seen, and again, it's just me, is that the Goalie Reaction slider is a huge factor in this. With it too high, the CPU is really tough to beat. I've had it a 1 for CPU and 3 for HUM and still lost games by a few goals. But it felt "real".

The Attribute slider and the CPU Diff slider also play a huge role. You have to find that balance for yourself. Sure, there will be games where you want to throw your controller at the TV, but that's what you WANT out of Hockey game, right? You don't always want to win.

Also, I think another issue is that the CPU is just that...it's a COMPUTER. Meaning, their passes will be pin point because they are programmed to do that. They will know the exact area to shoot at the net. With us, the slightest movement up on the stick can mean a goal, crossbar, or complete miss. EA needs to program some type of "human" error into the CPU.

Is there comeback? Well, depends on your slider settings really.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:44 PM   #4
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
While this has been pointed out numerous times over the years about this issue, after playing this game more and more and paying attention to the sliders, I think the "comeback" people say exists, is directly tied to the sliders.

I've been playing on "All Star" and tried various sliders. If there was "comeback", it would happen on ALL slider sets. It does not. I've won 6-0 and lost 6-0. However, what I have seen, and again, it's just me, is that the Goalie Reaction slider is a huge factor in this. With it too high, the CPU is really tough to beat. I've had it a 1 for CPU and 3 for HUM and still lost games by a few goals. But it felt "real".

The Attribute slider and the CPU Diff slider also play a huge role. You have to find that balance for yourself. Sure, there will be games where you want to throw your controller at the TV, but that's what you WANT out of Hockey game, right? You don't always want to win.

Also, I think another issue is that the CPU is just that...it's a COMPUTER. Meaning, their passes will be pin point because they are programmed to do that. They will know the exact area to shoot at the net. With us, the slightest movement up on the stick can mean a goal, crossbar, or complete miss. EA needs to program some type of "human" error into the CPU.

Is there comeback? Well, depends on your slider settings really.
I think you make some great points here, Steven. I mean lets face it, if the cpu gets a clear shot at your goalie, it can score pretty much whenever it wants to, imo.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:28 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I think you make some great points here, Steven. I mean lets face it, if the cpu gets a clear shot at your goalie, it can score pretty much whenever it wants to, imo.
For me, I'm trying to find that slider that controls this. Teams come back in the NHL. Just because you have the lead, doesn't mean you'll win.

I had a good slider set when the game first came out. But, idiot me, forgot to write down what they were and I adjust them based on another set. I had the CPU beating me 6-0 one game, and I would win another game. They felt great.

After playing more, I think that feeling of "cheating" is related to the Fatigue Effect slider (which some think is reversed and I almost agree based on what I've see), and the Goalie Reaction slider. I've made slight adjustments to these, and the CPU would go "super" on me. So, it's a matter of finding that balance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 02:26 AM   #6
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I dont think so.

FIFA 14 was the most blatant cheating game I ve played, this doesnt feel like that at all.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #7
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

OVR: 0

It is a video game trying to replicate momentum and intensity. It won;t be perfect.

Feels like cheating sometimes, but sometimes real sports don't feel fair either.

Just have to take it for what it is and try and not let it ruin your gaming experience.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #8
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzennsbruh
It is a video game trying to replicate momentum and intensity. It won;t be perfect.

Feels like cheating sometimes, but sometimes real sports don't feel fair either.

Just have to take it for what it is and try and not let it ruin your gaming experience.
I agree Tom and it doesnt really feel cheap this year and instead of trying to change it I embrace it this year as it what will give you randomness so no two games are the same .

Now I wont explain it the best but this is highly boosted/ momentum based with tilted Ice game with AI changing strategies but as I said before its not bad like other years when Beserker turbo skating mode starts up when cpu needed a goal .
Remember when your guys get slow , cant turn or control the super ball bouncing puck and cpu is gliding around .
It also seems this year winning on the road is much tougher as it should be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »