Home

Finally winning.. SOME

This is a discussion on Finally winning.. SOME within the EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Finally winning.. SOME

Now that I've finally started to win some games.. after being gone Wednesday through Friday covering NAHL hockey's showcase.. I played a couple Saturday night and today and finally starting to figure it out and get some wins.. with some help from comments on other threads..

NOW an interesting twist has been thrown into my HUT games.. with me winning a few.. all of a sudden my AI teammates are taking really odd penalties they weren't taking when I was losing nearly every game. Does the game try and even it out a bit when you're ahead? It's not like I"m winning big though.. 2 goal games are about it so far

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
Rookie

BoostedStig's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Finally winning.. SOME

I just started winning more games myself. I was absolutely horrendous for a while. My record stands to show it, 19-44-7. LOL

But I'm in division 8 now, so that goes to show most of my wins have been recent. I'm not sure about the penalties for certain, but I have noticed my AI teammates taking some lately, whether I'm winning or losing.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:15 AM   #3
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedStig
I just started winning more games myself. I was absolutely horrendous for a while. My record stands to show it, 19-44-7. LOL

But I'm in division 8 now, so that goes to show most of my wins have been recent. I'm not sure about the penalties for certain, but I have noticed my AI teammates taking some lately, whether I'm winning or losing.
Games are a lot more even now for the most part though my team ratings are 84/84/87 so I could stand some more scoring threats still. Record is 10-28-5 and am 2-0 in division 9 so far so a bit of a winning streak if you don't count a 3-0 loss in Amateur Cup just now where I turned one over from my Pavelec in net trying to pass the puck forward .. then gave up 2 empty netters

Old 09-22-2014, 01:30 AM   #4
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Next game after posting this .. got smoked by a guy with Oshie, Little, Kelly, Roussel, Pouliot and others.. I couldn't even GET the puck and my AI went in the box 3 times .. all for interference in a 5-1 .. first game where I kept getting laid out again by huge hits since the first couple days of the game but amazingly no injures

Old 09-22-2014, 02:53 AM   #5
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5

I am having a blast with HUT. Have a pretty good record so far, but the competition is getting better. Lately, the toughest teams have been extremely fast and the player is very good at deking. It is getting to the point that if I make one false step on D then they are getting a glorious scoring chance. I have been working on the dekes myself and found out some interesting combo’s problem is when I get into the game I can’t pull them off. This year’s gameplay is a HUGE improvement over last year. There is really good goal variety. I really like how good the deflections look this year with that EA has improved the shot blocking. Key is figuring out how to use the improvements to your advantage before everyone else.

Last edited by unisol_us; 09-22-2014 at 02:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 01:55 AM   #6
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Finally got to division 8.. so many games are low scoring.. and then I ran into a guy in my second to last division 9 game.. both of us lagged the first period I gave up 5 quick goals all on his stick handling through 4 players and I lost the game 8-3..

3 is about all the goals per game I can score still but long as the games I lose are only by a goal.. and maybe an empty netter late it's far better than it was.

My AI guys are still taking an obscene amount of interference penalties in the offensive zone and twice today I had AI teammates take 5 minute and game misconducts..

Old 09-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #7
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

I can't get through a Division 8 game with a win.. let alone score a goal in 2 games.. finding my teammates taking even MORE penalties than Division 9.. all interference garbage too.

I find it weird that defensemen in video games can stick handle as well as any forward and perform all the same dekes.. I've had so many defensemen skate through my teammates.. and bounce off my check attempt lately to get a scoring change "dribbling" through everyone. Also love actually checking someone to the ice.. and they're up and skating away with the puck before my player reacts to hitting them.

I need to figure out how to poke-check the puck onto my tape.. everyone who poke checks the puck from me now steals it ONTO their tape.. and turns the other way.. if I poke the puck it goes away and I have to go TRY and get it.. .. otherwise more often than not I go to the box for a trip.. couldn't EA have at least made trips real and have the guy fall down instead of skate right by with control every time?

Old 09-24-2014, 11:46 PM   #8
Rookie

I'm winning quite a bit.. but it kinda sucks that it's so difficult to actually get into a game (failed to retrieve data) or finish a game (disconnects and the waiting for user problem).. it's just so frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team »