Home

EA - FACEOFFS - (please respond)

This is a discussion on EA - FACEOFFS - (please respond) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
EA - FACEOFFS - (please respond)

I don't know if anyone at EA is coming here to get our impressions. You still put out a product this year, and though next-gen is where it's at, I would hope you would still want feedback and provide support for this game. Since a number of us plunked down good $$$ to get it, I'm hopeful you'll listen to the community.

With that said, please do something about the FACEOFFS in this game. I am playing on SuperStar level - hardcore (though after changing some sliders the game reverts to "custom" settings).

I have played around 40 games since purchasing. I am losing 98% of all faceoffs. It's a waste. It's not even fun at times because games that are late, when I end up taking a draw in my defensive zone, are just about useless.

Could you please patch this or user a tuner to modify this a bit? I, and others no doubt, would greatly appreciate this. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA - FACEOFFS - (please respond)

I play on the same levels you do. It's going in streaks for me. Lately I've had way better luck with the stick lift/tie up than trying to win the faceoff back to my D. I won 60% last game that way and also found I won more clean faceoffs occasionally too. For me, it's been a different experience each game, which I like.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I also having trouble with faceoffs nhl 14 had the same problem,i have tried everything and i was almost done with this game but this morning i begin to win some faceoffs.
The last game i win 44% its a begin i play ps3 and wat i do now is
when the players get ready i do left stick down and right stick up and when the puck drops left stick up right stick down,i don`t know if the left stick also do something but it worked.And it is also timing the right moment to do the switch up to down.
And i play with your superstar sliders.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
Rookie

Yundtder's Arena

I win 70%, I play Superstar and have the difficulty slider around half. Its not EA, the game or the sliders, its you. Focus on the timing of the drop, watch the ref, learn the strong sides of your center and how the opp sets up. The Face off engine is pretty deep, its not just about pulling the stick back each time and hoping you win, you actually have to strategize and practice it.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:33 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yundtder
I win 70%, I play Superstar and have the difficulty slider around half. Its not EA, the game or the sliders, its you. Focus on the timing of the drop, watch the ref, learn the strong sides of your center and how the opp sets up. The Face off engine is pretty deep, its not just about pulling the stick back each time and hoping you win, you actually have to strategize and practice it.
Thanks for the encouragement, Faceoff god...

I will admit: I must suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Yes, I had the same issue with 14, which is part of the reason I (once again) gave up on the current year's version. I only play on Pro level (I am not a skilled gamer, just very casual) and I lose 98% of draws. To me, this is a game killer, especially when there is a slider which should fix this. Ratings clearly mean little. Honestly, I don't want to sit there and practice face-offs. I have limited gaming time. Let me change the skill level for that, so I can at least win half of them (or let ratings actually matter, and I will make sure I have skilled faceoff guys). Once again, for me, the series peaked with NHL 10.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Faceoff ratings definitely matter. Paul Gaustad has one of the highest ratings in the game (90) and he rarely loses a draw for me. An 80 rating is good enough to get the job done in most situations, but if you have someone rated 75 or worse you're going to lose the majority of draws.

Winning faceoffs is also based on timing, which move you chose (there is a rock-paper-scissors system in place, where each move has a counter-move), and the strength of your grip. Grip strength is determined by how long you sit in your stance (either forehand or backhand) before the puck is dropped.

Check out the faceoff guide for more info about how to consistently win draws:

http://www.operationsports.com/strat...faceoff-guide/

The only things that have changed since that guide was published are that you can no longer win by spamming draws from the upright stance (you have to choose and hold your stance now), and you will probably never win a draw against the CPU now by using the deke forward move.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #8
Rookie

Yundtder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Thanks for the encouragement, Faceoff god...

I will admit: I must suck.
Youre welcome! It takes some practice to get used to, but once you start noticing how it works and winning draws, its fun and challenging!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »