Home

Bills or Browns in CFM?

This is a discussion on Bills or Browns in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Bills or Browns in CFM?

Who wouldbe more fun to utilize in a CFM? Billsor Browns? I’ll be playing in a 2 manleague with a buddy, looking to rebuild an organization that has a goodfoundation in place.>>

> >

The Billshave a Watkins/Spiller combo that is lethal with a qb who is statisticallysimilar to Manziel. Defense is prettygood IMO on the game.>>

The Browns haven’twon a thing ever and have the real Manziel paired with Josh Gordon and Cameronand a pretty solid o-line. Defensivelythey’re young and above average. Potential at CB is terrific.>>

> >

Taking teamtalent, jerseys, stadium any anything into account. What’s my best option?>>
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Bills or Browns in CFM?

Honestly, I had the some thought. Both teams look like young up and coming teams that could be good in the future with the right roster management and coaching (in real life I mean).

Honestly, I lean toward the Bills, but only because I like Spiller so much. That being said, both teams have upside. The best part for me about both these teams is I'm not a fan in real life (Green Bay fan here), so I have no problem cutting ties with high priced players or guys I've watched for years who are on the decline
Old 09-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly
Who wouldbe more fun to utilize in a CFM? Billsor Browns? I’ll be playing in a 2 manleague with a buddy, looking to rebuild an organization that has a goodfoundation in place.>>

> >

The Billshave a Watkins/Spiller combo that is lethal with a qb who is statisticallysimilar to Manziel. Defense is prettygood IMO on the game.>>

The Browns haven’twon a thing ever and have the real Manziel paired with Josh Gordon and Cameronand a pretty solid o-line. Defensivelythey’re young and above average. Potential at CB is terrific.>>

> >

Taking teamtalent, jerseys, stadium any anything into account. What’s my best option?>>
j

Browns for all the reasons you said, plus Isaiah Crowell at RB(forget B. Tate). Crowell can be a beast in a yr or two. I think on avg, the Browns are a couple years younger too, figuring on key players for the future, which only equals one thing: greater potential/upside.... Trade for Sammy Watkins/C.J. Spiller if you like them so much, you just have to have them.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

Packer fanhere as well. Agree on the letting go ofsalaries or even becoming attached to a player because they’ve been a fixtureforever like Hawk.>>

I’m torn onthe 2, I lean towards lace w:st="on">Clevelandlace>only because offensively speaking Gordon is immediately better than Watkins. I wouldn’t trade for either Watkins orSpiller because it’s simply unrealistic, maybe Spiller but I’d imaging theprice be huge. The rb spot is of decentquality, just doenst have the homerun punch Spiller offers.>>

DefensivelyI prefer Buffalos front and it’s not even close, linebackers are pretty comparablewith exeption lace w:st="on">Buffalolace> has more potential with Alonso,curious if I could groom Mingo into a star. Secondary wise I love the pair of Haden/Gilbert. lace w:st="on">Buffalolace>isn’t a push over though either Gilmore has potential too, but IMO Haden isalready a top 3.>>

> >

Offensivelyin lace w:st="on">Clevelandlace> I’dlike to get a more complete #2 WR. Beinga Packer fan I’m accustomed to weapons at the WR position.>>

> >

For poorteams, both rosters have solid foundations.>>

> >

Not goingto open the top CB discussion up. It’s notworth arguing which of Peterson/Sherman/Haden is best. Some would even add Revis but I think healthand age has caught up to him.>>
Old 09-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #5
Just started!

I started one with the Browns in a CFM with a couple buddies. They have a really fun team to play with. I love all three of their running backs (Tate, Crowell, and West). They have some guys who are older that can be traded (Dansby, Austin) and a strong O-line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #6
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly
Who wouldbe more fun to utilize in a CFM? Billsor Browns? I’ll be playing in a 2 manleague with a buddy, looking to rebuild an organization that has a goodfoundation in place.>

>

The Billshave a Watkins/Spiller combo that is lethal with a qb who is statisticallysimilar to Manziel. Defense is prettygood IMO on the game.>

The Browns haven’twon a thing ever and have the real Manziel paired with Josh Gordon and Cameronand a pretty solid o-line. Defensivelythey’re young and above average. Potential at CB is terrific.>

>

Taking teamtalent, jerseys, stadium any anything into account. What’s my best option?>
I will say this... I've done both - Buffalo and Cleveland - and BOTH are fun! Though I had to trade the Bills QB because his accuracy on short passes isn't where I need it to be.

With the Bills you have Spiller, who I always used as a WR, and Sammy Freaking Watkins, plus Mike Williams, plus they have some other WR's who are rated low - like low 60's to mid 50's - but if you spend time with them, especially in the pre-season games, you can build them up and in a year or two they are viable weapons!

The Browns are another team I enjoyed... felt like I was "cheating" though because Johnny Football seems to have some built in advantage. But I loved their WR's and used Dion Lewis as my RB. (I use the Run & Shoot) Lewis is always released by the Browns, so now, I just wait for them to cut him and pick him up.

In fact, I am done with all my testing and learning of players, have my sliders and moved the Ravens to Houston to bring back the Oilers - same divisional rivals as before - Steelers, Browns, Bengals - and Lewis is my main back. Averaging 5.8 per carry through 4 games. Total stud and he's young!

So really, either one... though if I had to choose, I'd pick the Bills - classic throwback uniform and plenty of snow games!!!

Old 09-20-2014, 12:50 AM   #7
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

To me Oakland is the most fun for a complete rebuild, they have tons of cap space, no massive contracts and they are a train wreck at just about every position. They are probably the easiest team to rebuild.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:16 AM   #8
Just started!

I lean toward the Bills, but only because I like Spiller so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »