Home

Can someone please help me with kick returns?

This is a discussion on Can someone please help me with kick returns? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2014, 01:21 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
Can someone please help me with kick returns?

My longest return so far has been with Percy Harvin. 31 yards.

Speed threshold set to 0... Still can't even come close to breaking anything. Tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 02:22 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Can someone please help me with kick returns?

How many games have you played? Remember, returns are rare.

I went a season and 10 games until I got my first return for a score, but in the remaining 6 games and two playoff appearances I scored two more.

Some general advice: Lay off turbo until you have a straight path to the endzone. That was my problem and many other people share this problem.
Second, I was not utilizing the spin move. Big mistake. I have found that running up the middle, then feinting outside just enough to allow you to spin up field works well. After that if your blocking is there one juke could set you free.
Don't bounce it outside too soon. This gives the defenders a good pursuit angle.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:34 AM   #3
Rookie

Sheep Ballz's Arena

OVR: 0

I had 2 in one game the other night. It was a MUT preseason matchup though.

I haven't had one in any of my CFMs yet. I got close last night on a kickoff return that I took from the 5 yard line all the wy to the other 5 yard line. I got caught from behind. Lol. This is why you don't use the speed boost until you see daylight. I had the speed boost button held down from start to finish.

I used to get 2 or 3 a game back in the day just by running backwards on one side of the field, running to the other side, and then straight up. You can't do that anymore. Lol.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #4
Just started!

Don't spam the turbo button. Find your gap and hit it, then press turbo. Allow your blocks to set up. Don't get frustrated, kick returns for TDs aren't common in the NFL.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2

All it takes is one juke.

When you return just go straight, assuming the kickoff is relative straight to begin with. Then, this is the hard part:

As soon as you think someone is about to tackle you, make a hard juke to the left or right (I go right usually) with the right stick. For some reason one juke can get around an entire kickoff wedge. If you have a fast enough player, you might be able to get outrun everyone.

I know this makes no sense to you probably but it's worked for me a little bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #6
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

What works for me is simply not sprinting until I break out. The sprint button is NOT your friend. Allow your blocks to set up, find a wedge, hit it, and THEN sprint. When it comes to the point when you have to turn up the sidelines, release the sprint and turn up field.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #7
Just started!

its actually few tricks either getgreat blocking and go thru the hole and break 1 tackle or spin

or if a ball is kicked to left or right run towrds the middle then break back to the side that the ball was kicked because a wall of blockers will always be there and if you got a real speedy returner youll always get to the 30 or farther

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »