Home

NBA LIVE- The Virtual Wolrd Of The Hunchback People

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE- The Virtual Wolrd Of The Hunchback People within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #1
Rookie

UNabomb's Arena

OVR: 0

You know for days, I've been trying to avoid the topic because I know that it opens the gates of controversy and I don't like that, but since ( judging by some of the last few pictures that I've seen) EA keeps ignoring the hunchback posture, I decided that I had to bring this topic to attention because enough is enough. I've been playing basketball since I was 7 years old (know i'm 25) and never in my life, not in college, not in the nba, nowhere I've seen a player with that ugly hunchback posture that the nba live player have seen to had for years, and the fact of the matter is (believe it of not) that the hunchback posture not only affects the standing still animation, but even worst, it affects the natural feeling of the entire animations overall, it takes away from the experience, and the thing that really pisses me off is that EA is aware of this, and they haven't done a dam thing to fix this, it makes the player looks like robots, and therefore you can't take too serious the majority of the animations in this game, because it almost feels like they hired wall-E the robot to go and mo-cap the animations, and i'm not trying to be a *****, I want this game to do well, but if they keep ignoring some of this issues that their product clearly has, just because they believe that there's nothing wrong with it, that does not mean that there aren't issues, sorry for my bad English people but I'm so frustrated and that's because I really care about NBA Live, if I wasn't, I wont even be bothered by this, but clearly I am, and sadly there's nothing I can't do about it, but hope. I just wanted to see your opinions on this situation, it does not matter if you agree or with me or not, but please for those who care, and agree, lets get together and make some noises so they can hear us and take action.

here are a few examples:

https://www.facebook.com/EASPORTSNBA...type=1&theater

and the list go on and on.

Last edited by UNabomb; 09-18-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

http://i.imgur.com/KnI58KM.gif

I'm sorry but I just don't know how you call that "hunchback."

This is hunchback

This however, is not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DIRK41NOWITZKI; 09-19-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:36 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NBA LIVE- The Virtual Wolrd Of The Hunchback People

I think I really know what you mean by hunchback. The line between a players shoulders are pretty much parallel to the ground, when in real life, the trapezius muscle has a slight upward angle from the shoulder to the neck.

Take a look at that in this screenshot. Demar Derozan shows a more natural look with the angled trapezius, while Amir Johnson appears to have the square or flat trapezius.

This could all be just because of animations that morph the model.

https://www.facebook.com/EASPORTSNBA...type=3&theater

Although, it seems to work for Oladipo. His muscular shoulders can give him a hunchback appearance, but it's mostly just his muscles.

This complaint is becoming common. The Live development team should investigate this and see if they have someone motion capturing a lot of animations that have the square shoulders, or whether it has something to do with the way the animations morph the skeletal model, or something else.

Personally, this doesn't jump out at me as much as it does others, but I'm all for improvements.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #4
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

I don't understand how you can complain about the 'hunchback' issue from screenshots. We have no idea what was happening when the screenshot was taken. If we see videos that show them hunched over unnaturally, then fine. But they're screenshots. I can grab something like this from any game.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

We saw video and they were

The screens however don't necessarily show that but then again they're all carefully taken pics anyway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
Rookie

UNabomb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
I think I really know what you mean by hunchback. The line between a players shoulders are pretty much parallel to the ground, when in real life, the trapezius muscle has a slight upward angle from the shoulder to the neck.

Take a look at that in this screenshot. Demar Derozan shows a more natural look with the angled trapezius, while Amir Johnson appears to have the square or flat trapezius.

This could all be just because of animations that morph the model.

https://www.facebook.com/EASPORTSNBA...type=3&theater

Although, it seems to work for Oladipo. His muscular shoulders can give him a hunchback appearance, but it's mostly just his muscles.

This complaint is becoming common. The Live development team should investigate this and see if they have someone motion capturing a lot of animations that have the square shoulders, or whether it has something to do with the way the animations morph the skeletal model, or something else.

Personally, this doesn't jump out at me as much as it does others, but I'm all for improvements.

a perfect example, thank you very much.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #7
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

You're right. They need to step it up.

We all know basketball players walk and dribble like this:

I think you're overblowing the issue.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #8
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
You're right. They need to step it up.

We all know basketball players walk and dribble like this:

I think you're overblowing the issue.

Tried so hard to find a gif like that, thanks for posting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »