Home

Madden 15 Most Dominant Players, Best Division Opponent Playbooks

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Most Dominant Players, Best Division Opponent Playbooks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-17-2014, 05:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 15 Most Dominant Players, Best Division Opponent Playbooks

Just got M15, been playing a few quick games going to do a fantasy draft soon.

Set one up just to see what the order was like compared to M25 with the updated rosters, definately different.

I had one of the last picks in the 1st round, JJ Watt went right before me. I took Calvin Johnson and was surprised to see LeSean McCoy still there in the 2nd. I took him and AP and Charles were still there in the 3rd while QBs like Manziel were already drafted lol.

Anyways playing some games (with regular NFL rosters) I had 4 easy TDs just tossing it up to Megatron and it got me thinking on who the most dominant players are (for the purpose of drafting them).

Megatron definately seems to be one of them. Peterson has been neutered a bit compared to his previous ratings, RG3 as a rookie pre injury was a straight up monster, totally crippled now.

McCoy and Charles seem pretty beast but who do you guys think are the most dominant superstars to build your team around (any position)?

-----------------------------------------

Another question as I go about picking a team for my fantasy draft, usually I just go with the coolest uniforms but a thing about franchise mode is your division matchups are important and the team you pick determines what kind of matchups you'll have.

For example last year if you took the Rams or Cardinals the Seahawks and 9ers would draft a mobile QB and run read option plays as well as you have to deal with a scrambling QB in the passing game.

So for those with an idea of these years playbooks, which divisions and teams have playbooks that should make for fun matchups? (I like to add Hall of Famers to all opposing teams in the 2nd year when my team is developed and give each team one that fits them best, I assume this is still in the game)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Madden 15 Most Dominant Players, Best Division Opponent Playbooks

Well, I did a Fantasy draft and drafted J.J. Watt in the 1st. He is a straight up beast. I have no problem getting past linemen for sacks or tackles for loss. Anyone behind him on the left side also gets increased production. Melvin Ingram had 17 sacks in one season.

As far as running backs are concerned, you don't really need a superstar at that position. I led the league in rushing 2 years in a row with Andre Ellington. He is very durable as well, never injured. At least for me.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanchamekGym
Just got M15, been playing a few quick games going to do a fantasy draft soon.

I had one of the last picks in the 1st round, JJ Watt went right before me. I took Calvin Johnson and was surprised to see LeSean McCoy still there in the 2nd. I took him and AP and Charles were still there in the 3rd while QBs like Manziel were already drafted lol.
Not really sure what's so "lol" about Manziel going in the 1st round?... Lol.

I'm just through with my first season of my offline CFM I play with my GF(where we both control 4 teams, one in each division), and let me tell you Johnny Football owned the league last year(59 TDs, 5900 yds passing, 135 passer rating, 429 yrds rushing on a 8.6 yrds per rush), winning league MVP(i even sat him in week 17!) and leading the only undefeated team in the league to a Super Bowl victory!

He definitely "lol" material, as now, week one preseason, season #2(after only spending about 10%-15% of the teams valuable "game prep" hrs on him), he's a 96 OVR with 99 THP, SAC & MAC; 95 DAC, Throw on the run and BCV, 82 speed, blah, blah, blah, all while still being 22 yrs old. Yep.. Lol. You're right!

While you at looking for "Beasts" to build your franchise around, I'll give you a few others me and my GF have found impressive after one season's progression(w/ major potential/upside):

MLB, Ryan Shazier; 86 OVR, 22 yr old(after one season)
LOLB, Adrian Hubbard; 75 OVR(killer physical stats) 23 yr old(reining AFC Definsive POTY)
CB, Justin Gilbert; 89 OVR, 23 yr old
RB, Bishop Sankey; 84 OVR(96 spd, 90 str), 22 yr old
WR, Mike Evans; 85 OVR, 22 yr old
ROLB, Jadeveon Clowney; 95 OVR, 22 yr old
FS, Tyrann Mathieu; 89 OVR, 23 yr old
QB, Logan Thomas(another "lol", I'm sure); 86 OVR(started at 48OVR), awesome Physical stats for a QB, 23 yr old
RB, Tre Mason; 83 OVR, 22 yr old
QB, Teddy Bridgewater; 84 OVR, 22 yr old
WR, Cordarrelle Patterson; 89 OVR, 24 yr old
WR, Brandin Cooks; 85 OVR(99 SPD, ACC & AGI), 21 yrs
WR, Sammy Watkins; 88 OVR, 22 yr old
FS, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix; 82 OVR, 22 yr old
MLB, Luke Kuechly; 96 OVR(lead NFL in tackles last yr), 24 yrs
TE, Eric Ebron; 86 OVR(with built in Superstar development), 22 yr old
RB, Marcus Lattimore; 75 OVR(plays above rating), 23 yr old
SS, Calvin Pryor; 88 OVR, 23 yr old
ROLB, Kevin Pierre-Louis, 74 OVR(killer production and physical), 23 yrs
MLB, Preston Brown, 71 OVR(definite sleeper w/ upside), 22 yr old
WR, Odell Beckham Jr., 78 OVR, 22 yr old
LOLB, Khalil Mack, 91 OVR, 24 yr old
RB, Eddie Lacy, 92 OVR(99 TRK & SFA), 24 yr old
SS, Vinnie Sunseri, 72 OVR, 21 yr old(major project)
CB, Darqueze Dennard, 87 OVR, 23 yr old
RE, Kony Ealy, 83 OVR, 23 yr old
RE, Demarcus Lawrence, 84 OVR, 23 yr old
HB, Dri Archer(if you like speed backs), 70 OVR, 24 yr old...

I agree with the guy above, don't waste a high draft a savy vet RB, just turn one into a beast that already has super physical number
Old 09-17-2014, 05:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatiger13
Well, I did a Fantasy draft and drafted J.J. Watt in the 1st. He is a straight up beast. I have no problem getting past linemen for sacks or tackles for loss. Anyone behind him on the left side also gets increased production. Melvin Ingram had 17 sacks in one season.

As far as running backs are concerned, you don't really need a superstar at that position. I led the league in rushing 2 years in a row with Andre Ellington. He is very durable as well, never injured. At least for me.
Funny you mention Watt he's a guy I came here to mention, straight up beast and would be rated over 100 if there was no cap. I'm thinking of getting him in the 1st and seeing if I can get Megatron in the 2nd, I've seen McCoy going in the 3rd.

I know RBs are easy to develop, before I bought M15 I was playing M25 with M15 ratings and was going to do an all joystick team of players like McCoy, Kaepernick, and Harvin/Patterson/D Jackson/Watkins etc at WR.

I haven't done a franchise with McCoy yet and have done plenty with guys like AP and just did one with Morris so I want to do one with an elusive back.

Also many young backs don't have good enough stamina and I don't want to have to wait to the offseason to move them to FB to up there stamina and move them back.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthboundMysfit
Not really sure what's so "lol" about Manziel going in the 1st round?... Lol.

I'm just through with my first season of my offline CFM I play with my GF(where we both control 4 teams, one in each division), and let me tell you Johnny Football owned the league last year(59 TDs, 5900 yds passing, 135 passer rating, 429 yrds rushing on a 8.6 yrds per rush), winning league MVP(i even sat him in week 17!) and leading the only undefeated team in the league to a Super Bowl victory!

He definitely "lol" material, as now, week one preseason, season #2(after only spending about 10%-15% of the teams valuable "game prep" hrs on him), he's a 96 OVR with 99 THP, SAC & MAC; 95 DAC, Throw on the run and BCV, 82 speed, blah, blah, blah, all while still being 22 yrs old. Yep.. Lol. You're right!
He went in the 2nd and I just thought it's absurd that a backup rookie non-prototype QB who at the time of fantasy draft would have 0 NFL pass attempts would be taken ahead of guys like Julio Jones, LeSean McCoy, Ndamukong Suh etc... as anyone would.

I understand the CPU teams putting a high emphasis on a franchise QB, I would just imagine they would have a bit more common sense in terms of value with the other players available. It will be interesting to see how the whole draft shakes out I've only looked at a couple rounds so far.

Terrelle Pryor got plenty of MVPs, Superbowls and undefeated seasons while going around the 20th round in Madden 25 and went from worst stats to best pretty easily, young QBs with good physical traits are easy to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthboundMysfit
While you at looking for "Beasts" to build your franchise around, I'll give you a few others me and my GF have found impressive after one season's progression(w/ major potential/upside):

MLB, Ryan Shazier; 86 OVR, 22 yr old(after one season)
LOLB, Adrian Hubbard; 75 OVR(killer physical stats) 23 yr old(reining AFC Definsive POTY)
CB, Justin Gilbert; 89 OVR, 23 yr old
RB, Bishop Sankey; 84 OVR(96 spd, 90 str), 22 yr old
WR, Mike Evans; 85 OVR, 22 yr old
ROLB, Jadeveon Clowney; 95 OVR, 22 yr old
FS, Tyrann Mathieu; 89 OVR, 23 yr old
QB, Logan Thomas(another "lol", I'm sure); 86 OVR(started at 48OVR), awesome Physical stats for a QB, 23 yr old
RB, Tre Mason; 83 OVR, 22 yr old
QB, Teddy Bridgewater; 84 OVR, 22 yr old
WR, Cordarrelle Patterson; 89 OVR, 24 yr old
WR, Brandin Cooks; 85 OVR(99 SPD, ACC & AGI), 21 yrs
WR, Sammy Watkins; 88 OVR, 22 yr old
FS, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix; 82 OVR, 22 yr old
MLB, Luke Kuechly; 96 OVR(lead NFL in tackles last yr), 24 yrs
TE, Eric Ebron; 86 OVR(with built in Superstar development), 22 yr old
RB, Marcus Lattimore; 75 OVR(plays above rating), 23 yr old
SS, Calvin Pryor; 88 OVR, 23 yr old
ROLB, Kevin Pierre-Louis, 74 OVR(killer production and physical), 23 yrs
MLB, Preston Brown, 71 OVR(definite sleeper w/ upside), 22 yr old
WR, Odell Beckham Jr., 78 OVR, 22 yr old
LOLB, Khalil Mack, 91 OVR, 24 yr old
RB, Eddie Lacy, 92 OVR(99 TRK & SFA), 24 yr old
SS, Vinnie Sunseri, 72 OVR, 21 yr old(major project)
CB, Darqueze Dennard, 87 OVR, 23 yr old
RE, Kony Ealy, 83 OVR, 23 yr old
RE, Demarcus Lawrence, 84 OVR, 23 yr old
HB, Dri Archer(if you like speed backs), 70 OVR, 24 yr old...

I agree with the guy above, don't waste a high draft a savy vet RB, just turn one into a beast that already has super physical number
Damn that's a big list see lots of rookies on there will be sure to check them out, thanks a lot

I see you have most of the players I was drafting on M25 before saying F it and just buying the new game, few there off my radar I will check out

Last edited by BanchamekGym; 09-17-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 12:36 AM   #6
Rookie

Just playing around with the fantasy draft I was able to get Watt, Megatron and Shady with my 1st 3 picks real easy, may have to go with them quite a trifecta to start with.

How does the consistency rating work? Same as last year except 1-100 now instead of 0-4? Can you upgrade it like other stats?
Old 09-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #7
MVP

JG80's Arena

Dez is dominant in the red-zone. Just throw fade on man coverage or a slant on zone.

Sent from Nawlins.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG80
Dez is dominant in the red-zone. Just throw fade on man coverage or a slant on zone.

Sent from Nawlins.
Ya Dez is pretty beastly, only thing he needed upgraded before was speed but he's young, now they've dropped his stats a bit. His stamina used to be like 97 now I think it's like 93 in the latest roster update.

Also for some reason in Madden 15 his run block has been dropped to like 31. I don't know if it;s because strength and the player's weight/height matter more this year, or that the RBS/RBF actually matter now or what but that's pretty strange.

I personally would probably target Julio just cause he's my favorite player in real life, his stamina is only like 93 which doesn't make sense to me but he has star development atleast. I feel like his speed or atleast acceleration isn't rated high enough but I could just improve it if I take him.

Speaking of stamina Alshon Jeffery still has 83 stamina, what is the deal with that, does he only play like half the snaps or what.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »