Home

It's been a few weeks, how are the sales numbers?

This is a discussion on It's been a few weeks, how are the sales numbers? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2014, 01:05 AM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
It's been a few weeks, how are the sales numbers?

Any word on this? I tried my best to support the game until after I played it for a significant amount of time. It's severely lacking in my opinion and a part of me hopes that the game suffers financially because of it. I honestly think they should have waited to release the game until NHL 16 (on PS4 and Xbox One).

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 05:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: It's been a few weeks, how are the sales numbers?

I know Walmart in Canada is putting the game on sale for 49$ from September 18-24. I'm guessing it didn't do too well on next gen.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Any word on this? I tried my best to support the game until after I played it for a significant amount of time. It's severely lacking in my opinion and a part of me hopes that the game suffers financially because of it. I honestly think they should have waited to release the game until NHL 16 (on PS4 and Xbox One).
Be careful what you wish for or the only hockey game you'll be playing next year is a text sim on your pc.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Good riddance I tell ya'! :P
Old 09-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #5
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Be careful what you wish for or the only hockey game you'll be playing next year is a text sim on your pc.
That is simply not true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #6
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
WHY so many people have this kind of thinking? NHL is a milkcow for EA. This is the reason why they put so little effort to improve this game...because many will still buy no matter if its just a tad improvement or backward step from previous release.

What we want to see is that EA start treating their consumers right. Releasing the game with bare essentials such as in BaGM... or BAP that cannot sim to the next shift etc...is purely BS.

IF, and that is a big iF, the will not produce another NHL so be it.... I love the game of hockey....but I cannot stand a video game that cannot replicate the excitement of the game I love.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:14 AM   #7
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
WHY so many people have this kind of thinking? NHL is a milkcow for EA. This is the reason why they put so little effort to improve this game...because many will still buy no matter if its just a tad improvement or backward step from previous release.

What we want to see is that EA start treating their consumers right. Releasing the game with bare essentials such as in BaGM... or BAP that cannot sim to the next shift etc...is purely BS.

IF, and that is a big iF, the will not produce another NHL so be it.... I love the game of hockey....but I cannot stand a video game that cannot replicate the excitement of the game I love.
Excellent post and to the POINT!!!!
if ea hockey goes the way of the dodo bird so be it. I am more than confident that if there's a market for it another company will fill that void. And hopefully a better one at that!!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:19 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Numbers probably won't be available until next week since it's only been a week from release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »