Home

Is It Smart to Buy Packs with Coins?

This is a discussion on Is It Smart to Buy Packs with Coins? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is It Smart to Buy Packs with Coins?

I'm not someone who puts any extra money into this game. I like to earn the coins, and work the auctions and all that. However, I'm curious, is it smart to use coins to buy packs? I've yet to buy packs with coins, but I'm wondering, on average, do you think you'll normally get the 7,500 coins you spent back in the cards you get?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Is It Smart to Buy Packs with Coins?

The first few weeks yes but not anymore unless you pull a useful card which you don't often
Old 09-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Hammettf2b's Arena

OVR: 2

You typically don't get back what you put into a pack. However there are those occasions where you will pull a great card. On my 2nd pack opening i pulled an elite card that sold for 40K. But that is very rare.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Dont bother unless your a scratch off guy. Its a lottery basically. Out of about 11 pro packs (9 from buying the madden ultimate edition) and a 24000 coin pack..my highlights are nick foles and brandon spikes. The rest of the golds were in the 70s. Which got me about 2 to 4k tops. Worked to hard to get those coins in my opinion for very little return. So far a rip off like those coin ups in the warehouse.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
Just started!

I've spent a lot of my coins on packs and after a certain point it doesn't seem worth it. But it's kinda nice cause even if dudes are spending real money on their team it makes it hard for them to stack elite players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 07:29 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 2

I go straight to the auction with my coins.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #7
Rookie

snickersNsprite's Arena

OVR: 1

I bought my first pro pack yesterday and got an elite Jordan Cameron then sold him for 32k. I probably won't ever buy another one since I'm sure my luck is done.

LSU
Pelicans
Steelers, Saints
Astros
Old 09-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #8
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

The solo challenges this year make it easier to advance without spending real cash or having to open packs. If you enjoy the rush of the unknown you can open packs with coins from solo challenges but it's smarter to play through those to build up coins then target specific chemistry styles to beat the style challenges. Get to 70 and use coins to buy an elite coach to take your style over 90. Beat that level 4 style challenge and sell the coach for what you paid for him. Complete all those and you get the 95 manning and kuechly you can sell for 250-300k and you are set. Then just start knocking off elite collections. I'm about halfway right now to the 99 Sherman and 1M coins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »