Home

Will the prices drop significantly?

This is a discussion on Will the prices drop significantly? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
Will the prices drop significantly?

This is my second year doing MUT, but last year I joined up a little later in the season (end of September, I believe). It seems the cost of cards this year are exponentially higher than what they were last year.

Is this because it is early in the season and the prices will drop? Or is it just that the coins are inflated this year as opposed to last years MUT?

I have racked up a good amount of coin and am wondering if I should start to assemble my team or wait it out and see if the prices drop. Thanks for the help MUT veterans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 02:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Will the prices drop significantly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTIMidati0n
This is my second year doing MUT, but last year I joined up a little later in the season (end of September, I believe). It seems the cost of cards this year are exponentially higher than what they were last year.

Is this because it is early in the season and the prices will drop? Or is it just that the coins are inflated this year as opposed to last years MUT?

I have racked up a good amount of coin and am wondering if I should start to assemble my team or wait it out and see if the prices drop. Thanks for the help MUT veterans.
Coins are inflated this year for sure.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:05 AM   #3
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

OVR: 0

Up to now, I've been expecting that prices will drop as people open more packs, gain more rewards from solo challenges, improve their teams, and get fussier about who they're willing to buy. Already I'm turning my nose up at gold cards I'd have jumped at a week ago.

But I'm starting to wonder if waiting is such a good idea after all. Maybe coin-inflation will be the dominant economic force, rather than an oversupply of cards, and we'll all be so rich in 3 months that we'll pay 3x what we pay now.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Bgartz29's Arena

OVR: 6

Around week 8 or 9 there will be a new set of cards released that will be higher rated which in turn will lower the current card prices
Old 09-16-2014, 10:26 PM   #5
Just started!

This is really my first year getting into MUT but it does really seem like you have to work a lot to just buy one pack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 01:08 AM   #6
Rookie

Most likely not till the play offs or week 9 or so.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezyville
This is really my first year getting into MUT but it does really seem like you have to work a lot to just buy one pack.
And the packs aren't even worth it. Saw a youtube video where the guy opened up 20 packs and got 0 elite cards and I don't even think he got anyone over 83. Better off spending 4k on a guy in the 80s through auctions
Old 10-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Let me help on this subject. I started playing around Halloween on Mut13 that's not neither here or there tho, Will the prices drop YES and NO, Y are prices higher this yr? Prices are higher for a few reasons, A better cards are MUCH harder to pull this year compared to last year ( even tho ive pulled more elites this yr then last) B coins are easier to come by this yr, if you play all reg season solo's u will have earned well above 500k jus playing those 256 solo's another 128k from the 32 elite solos etc. I seriously know people who went NO MONEY SPENT and has a good team and over 1 million in coins, I would have over million if I aint have the pack pulling disease lol.
As for the price drops the best time to look to buy cards are when PROMO packs are out ( BCA,legend,game changer etc) and when new cards drop ( FO etc). if they do what they did last year in about 2 weeks they will release RTTP cards thus dropping the prices of base cards ( that are not part of sets (new or old) also when a player gets a new better card their base card normally drops in price a decent amount (example: TOTW Watt/Miller dropped the base elite prices 50-100k each) However if a the base card(they removed base cards last yr) is in new/old sets their prices will go up exp if its a good base card ( ie Willis,Pat Pete, CJJ, Sherman etc)
hope this info helps

Last edited by cytwbc; 10-17-2014 at 11:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »