Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #1
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

Here is video explaining and showing some replays. Going to update my slider save on PS4 now.

EDIT- I've uploaded the full slider set online, since people seem to like them. RUSHINDEFENSE (CPU sliders) and RUSHINOFFENSE (player sliders) is what they are called, so you can just download them. Thanks!

Something I've noticed people don't do, which makes for unrealistic passing game, is lower the pass defense reaction time and raise the pass coverage to make up for it. The reaction time should be low. for example-

Mine look like this
Player pass defense reaction- 5
Player pass coverage- 84
CPU pass defense reaction- 2
CPU pass coverage- 86

In my opinion, this is like real life, DBs don't make a 50MPH sprint to the path of the ball, they only pick it off if it's thrown in their lane. This slider setting really fixes the DB preforming superman moves to pick off throws thrown through perfectly open windows or even out in front of a defender thats been burned by the wideout. This game also needs a WR awareness slider, because they know to look for the ball, and when they see it coming to them, they should enter "fight for the pass" mode, not just continue to run a route the ball isn't going to make it to without their interference. I suppose you're supposed to switch to the receiver and do it yourself, but what about people using player lock?

Also something I see people doing is setting the QB accuracy low, it shouldn't be, 95 overall QBs shouldn't throw horribly short passes, maybe one or two a game but never more than that, they throw the ball away, a lot of incompletions come from this, I would never set this below 35, it also forces the CPU QB to only attempt throws it knows it can make with the lower slider setting taken into account, so it holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks, and thus can't move the ball. NFL teams give up points, they give up yards, the QB should be able to move the ball in todays NFL. It's important to look at how many passes are knocked away, intercepted, thrown away, AND completed, it's not just comp. % that makes for realistic play.

thoughts on my thoughts?

Last edited by rushinplayallgame; 09-26-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 10:33 PM   #2
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

I def agree with QB ACC..this slider is def more then accuracy..better QB play etc..it's a matter of finding the best spot..I'm currently on default everything..and starting from there..but I promised myself this year I wouldn't tweak to much and lose out on the enjoyment of just playing the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 09-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
Something I've noticed people don't do, which makes for unrealistic passing game, is lower the pass defense reaction time and raise the pass coverage to make up for it. The reaction time should be low. for example-

Mine look like this
Player pass coverage- 84
CPU pass coverage- 86

In my opinion, this is like real life, DBs don't make a 50MPH sprint to the path of the ball, they only pick it off if it's thrown in their lane. This slider setting really fixes the DB preforming superman moves to pick off throws thrown through perfectly open windows or even out in front of a defender thats been burned by the wideout. This game also needs a WR awareness slider, because they know to look for the ball, and when they see it coming to them, they should enter "fight for the pass" mode, not just continue to run a route the ball isn't going to make it to without their interference. I suppose you're supposed to switch to the receiver and do it yourself, but what about people using player lock?

Also something I see people doing is setting the QB accuracy low, it shouldn't be, 95 overall QBs shouldn't throw horribly short passes, maybe one or two a game but never more than that, they throw the ball away, a lot of incompletions come from this, I would never set this below 35, it also forces the CPU QB to only attempt throws it knows it can make with the lower slider setting taken into account, so it holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks, and thus can't move the ball. NFL teams give up points, they give up yards, the QB should be able to move the ball in todays NFL. It's important to look at how many passes are knocked away, intercepted, thrown away, AND completed, it's not just comp. % that makes for realistic play.

thoughts on my thoughts?
You got this far, list the rest of your sliders
Old 09-12-2014, 12:11 AM   #4
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

edit- the numbers in red are newest slider set, updated set, same as the ones I use, same in video

OK, these are for my franchise though and I have Aaron Murray and Jamaal Charles at 99 OVR, so they may need adjustment for your teams.

13 min. all-pro
rundown set to 20 seconds (don't know why i keep saying 23)
don't just wing it in there, throw it away if it's not open

PLAYER SKILL
QB 44 ---> 44
Pass Blocking 51 --->51
WR Catching 45 ---> 46
Run Blocking 51 ---> 46
Fumbles 44 ---> 40
Pass Defense Reaction 5 ---> 4
Interceptions 46 ---> 48
Pass Coverage 82 ---> 82
Tackling 38 ---> 39

CPU SKILL
QB 39 ---> 41
Pass Blocking 64 ---> 64
WR Catching 43 ---> 42
Run Blocking 57 ---> 59
Fumbles 64 ---> 64
Pass Defense Reaction 2 ---> 2
Interceptions 37 ---> 29
Pass Coverage 85 ---> 82
Tackling 38 ---> 44

FG Power 51
FG Acc. 51
Punt Power 55
Punt Acc 55
Kickoff Power 45

Injuries 75 ---> 70
Fatigue 64 ---> 64
Threshold 41 ---> 41

Offside 60
False Start 67
Holding 75
Face Mask 51
Def. Pass Int. 99
Off. Pass Int. 99
Grounding 100
Roughing the passer 85
Roughing the kicker 51

through 4 games this season
Aaron Murray who is 99 overall has 12 TDs and 6 picks, 73% completion, 3 sacks (i always throw it away) 258 downs played.
Charles has 483 yards 5.5 average with 3 touchdowns
My only good WR has 29 receptions for 195 yards with 4 TDs but I have a good TE who has 19 receptions for 222 yards and 3 TDs

Eric berry leads the team with 28 tackles, 2 picks and a sack
Justin Houston has 24 tackles, 2 sacks and a pick
rookie MLB has 24 tackles, only 1 for a loss and no sacks
rookie OLB has 21 tackles, 4 for a loss and 3 sacks, he's a beast 1st round pick
My ends come in next with 18 tacks and 3 sacks, and 14 tackles and 1 sack.

edit- I went ahead and uploaded these online, in case it would be easier that way, RUSHINOFFENSE and RUSHINDEFENSE is what they are called. edit- sliders updated with the numbers in red

Last edited by rushinplayallgame; 09-19-2014 at 03:24 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:19 AM   #5
Rookie

LinkU28's Arena

Just played a game with this setup. Steelers(me) vs. Bengals. Best game I've played so far. First off, on offense you really have to be careful where you throw. But the thing I like with the reaction set so low is that you can throw before a receiver breaks and the DB won't magically jump the route, as far as my one game went. Defense was finally tough but felt realistic. I only sacked Dalton once, which is very realistic (did you see the Steelers pass rush tonight?). He did a great job of getting rid of it right before I got there and it did seem as though most of the throws when I got pressure were affected in some way.

All in all, I'm definitely going to use these and see how it goes for me. I think you could be on to something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 04:34 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame

Mine look like this
Player pass coverage- 84
CPU pass coverage- 86

thoughts on my thoughts?

I wont get to play the game again in till Saturday night has I will be besy tomorrow and I will be working during the day on Saturday but I think next time I play I am going to play a few games with the pass coverage slider at 100 and reaction at 0 and then do the opisit and do pass coverage 0 and reaction at 100 and see what kind of results I get between the 2. I do fell like at default that the CPU knots away to many passes and gets to many int. Now I no a few years ago the CPU would jump way to high to knock the pass down. I don't see any of that any more but I do think there close out speed on balls it to high so lower reaction may be better. I find that I have like 10 balls a game that should be picked even if I only end up throwing 2 picks in a game.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:50 AM   #7
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

in theory it sounds majestic.

with scouts & quin's and armour's work, we're really close to getting this to play as good as possible until the qb AI is improved.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:15 AM   #8
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkU28
Just played a game with this setup. Steelers(me) vs. Bengals. Best game I've played so far. First off, on offense you really have to be careful where you throw. But the thing I like with the reaction set so low is that you can throw before a receiver breaks and the DB won't magically jump the route, as far as my one game went. Defense was finally tough but felt realistic. I only sacked Dalton once, which is very realistic (did you see the Steelers pass rush tonight?). He did a great job of getting rid of it right before I got there and it did seem as though most of the throws when I got pressure were affected in some way.

All in all, I'm definitely going to use these and see how it goes for me. I think you could be on to something.
This is because Dalton is set to Sense Pressure: Trigger Happy which seems to be the ideal trait this year. I am convinced the sense pressure trait is bugged. If you play someone with Sense Pressure: Ideal, they will hold the ball as if their trait is Oblivious. However, if their Sense Pressure is Trigger Happy, they actually play like Ideal should. It is really fubar. Dalton always plays great when I play him. If your next CPU opponent is Sense Pressure: Ideal you will go back to sacking him 72 times a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »