Home

NHL 15 - How's your GM Mode going?

This is a discussion on NHL 15 - How's your GM Mode going? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
Rookie

Deekeyd's Arena

OVR: 0
NHL 15 - How's your GM Mode going?

Hey guys - the threads for NHL 13 and NHL 14 were very popular. So why not make a thread for NHL 15?

Anyways, I started my NHL 15 GM Mode on the 360, mostly because the Xbox One GM Mode does not have the draft yet.

I started with the Lightning. Wanted to go for a cup run in year one, so I signed Joni Pitkanen and Ryan Jones in FA cause Tampa has some awful defense.

Anyways, I was somewhere around 40-18-5 around the trade deadline (simming only). I didn't make any trades then.

We finished with a record or 50-27-5, which I believe we were 1st in the east and 3rd in the league, finishing behind Nashville and Chicago.

Stamkos led my team with 50 goals and 51 assists, then Valterri Fillpula with 64 points.

We made it to the cup finals in year one, but we were swept by Nashville.

It was cool to see that I found a 4 1/2 red star player in the 5th round in the draft. Great stuff.

I let Brendan Morrow go to free agency, even though he was a great 2nd liner for me.

In year two we finished the year 49-26-7, 2nd in the east (behind Boston) and 5th in the league. The last place team in the Atlantic Division (Florida) had more points than the 2nd place team in the Metropolitan Division (New Jersey)!

We got past Detroit in the first round of the playoffs, but we were crushed by the eventual cup champions which are the Bruins.

In the draft, I found a 4 red star guy in the 4th round, so I was satisfied.

In the offseason, I signed Brent Seabrook and a 4 yellow star prospect (71 OVR).

Year three updates will be posted soon. Tell us about YOUR GM Mode!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
Rookie

YakCityGaming's Arena

Re: NHL 15 - How's your GM Mode going?

HEEEEEEEYYYY BUUUUUUDDDDDYYY! LONG TIME!

Yes I have a GM commentary again this year, so here it is:
Old 09-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Really been disappointed in the game so far... gameplay is much smoother but the realism is still bad. I am playing as the Predators (playing every game on superstar, hardcore) and Pekka Rinne is just awful. Can't seem to stop anything. I am currently 1-1-1 but the goal totals are too high. My previous Be a GM mode was also with the Preds. I started 4-0-0 but lost 8 in a row and couldn't bounce back. I have no problem losing games but would like to see better goalie play. Anyone else having this problem? I don't know if my defense is just that bad. Any tips on defense? Lots of goals being scored in the slot, I've taken away most of the one-timers but most of the goals now are just easy wrist shots finding their way in. Pretty frustrating that I can't get his save percentage anywhere close to 90.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
Rookie

To add to my previous post, the most frustrating part is that I get similar chances as the computer and their goaltenders stop almost all of them. My goalie should not give up goals easily that I have a hard time scoring against the CPU.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I hope this thread heats up again. I waxed and waned in it last year with my own contribution, but the content from other guys helped get me through a long winter.

I'm waiting for either someone to have a roster update out of the blue, or, upon opening day rosters, I'll do some CHL/prospect stuff, and start my first GM of the year.

I have a PS4, but IMO, last gen is the way to go this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 11:01 PM   #6
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

Started a new Xbox One GM mode today with the Leafs.

I'm going to wait until the draft gets patched in to get immersed, but I've summer/played a few games and started off 12-3-3. Not bad.

I traded Phaneuf, Leivo and a 3rd for Nyquist and Kindl. I love having Nyquist on the team. He currently has 13 points in 18 games. Pretty good.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Chelsea FC
Old 09-15-2014, 08:32 PM   #7
Rookie

Apparently 2 threads this year for GM Modes (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ode-going.html) ... can't complain ! Last one hasn't been posted on for a while now though, so sticking with this one.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
Started a new Xbox One GM mode today with the Leafs.

I'm going to wait until the draft gets patched in to get immersed, but I've summer/played a few games and started off 12-3-3. Not bad.

I traded Phaneuf, Leivo and a 3rd for Nyquist and Kindl. I love having Nyquist on the team. He currently has 13 points in 18 games. Pretty good.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free
The draft is okay for the PS3 version though, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »