Home

Love or hate Madden 15...stock soaring.

This is a discussion on Love or hate Madden 15...stock soaring. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Love or hate Madden 15...stock soaring.

Interesting article. Love it or hate it, seems to me the game was marketed well to us hard cores without us even completely knowing it. In years past, it was the 'gimmicks', the 'new' features they tried to sell us. We never really knew if they improved, or cared to improve, core gameplay, until we had it in our hands. This year seems like a win-win, for us and for EA, in that they marketed the game by actually focusing on and showing us improved gameplay. If they keep doing this by trying (key word, trying) to prove their devotion to true improvement each year based on our standards, I'll keep buying new iterations every year, and also perhaps, the stock.

On that warm and fuzzy note about EA, I still continue to wait for that much-needed big first patch.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/28/inve...ex.html?iid=EL

Last edited by l8knight1; 09-10-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Love or hate Madden 15...stock soaring.

Hopefully this means the suits back off enough to give the development team latitude to go even more sim focused for 2016...because this game still has a LOT of things to address to get into that realm...
Old 09-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #3
Pro

Always next year ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #4
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

This is going to be bad news for that one guy that comments on all of PastaPadre's articles.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Interesting article. Love it or hate it, seems to me the game was marketed well to us hard cores without us even completely knowing it. In years past, it was the 'gimmicks', the 'new' features they tried to sell us. We never really knew if they improved, or cared to improve, core gameplay, until we had it in our hands. This year seems like a win-win, for us and for EA, in that they marketed the game by actually focusing on and showing us improved gameplay. If they keep doing this by trying (key word, trying) to prove their devotion to true improvement each year based on our standards, I'll keep buying new iterations every year, and also perhaps, the stock.

On that warm and fuzzy note about EA, I still continue to wait for that much-needed big first patch.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/28/inve...ex.html?iid=EL
I'm in the same boat. I love the direction the franchise is heading now. Madden received well deserved (very well deserved!) criticism for their past transgressions. This current team is putting their money where their mouth is though. I hate that we still don't have stuff like WR/DB interactions and penalties. But the devs have acknowledged these issues and promised to address them in the future. I can respect that because they delivered (in my book) this year. I don't have to b**ch and whine about those things everyday. I will watch and pay attention to whether or not they hold true to their word. In the meantime, I'm gonna continue to enjoy this iteration of Madden for what it is; the BEST version of Madden in a decade!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #6
Banned

DenverBornAndBred's Arena

I will say that this is a good "play now" game but lacking when it comes to CFM.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

For the first time in nearly ten years I can say I am optimistic in Madden's future.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBornAndBred
I will say that this is a good "play now" game but lacking when it comes to CFM.
Yeah, CFM leaves a LOT to be desired. Especially in regards to CPU roster management. That mode needs to be tightened up some more and they need to reintroduce elements from past franchise modes. At least for us offline CFM'ers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »