Home

Will 14 still have a sustainable community?

This is a discussion on Will 14 still have a sustainable community? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Will 14 still have a sustainable community?

So the situation is as im sure many are in, to jump to 15 on the last gen version since that is where BAP/OTP etc...is intact. My buddies and I are diehards with OTP, but are hesitant to restart this year simply because im not sure if 15 is improved over 14 to where it will at least enhance the gameplay.

But i also feel that 14 will slowly start to die in the OTP department, anyone else feel the same or do you guys feel this is a year where the previous installment can still thrive?

I bought 15 for 360, i want a reason to restart....just cant find that reason yet. I read about some of the changes and they seem decent, but when i get 3-4k points from season to season in OTP, its hard to restart without a great reason. Jumping to next gen was that reason, and that got crapped on.

So how many are planning to stay with 14, or is it a full go to 15 for pretty much everywhere on last gen systems?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Will 14 still have a sustainable community?

I'm not sure. I picked up 15 for PS3 and was surprised to discover we did indeed get some slight physics changes, and a new tuner was available at launch. Hopped into EASHL and noticed the player numbers were pretty high for 3AM here, several dozen games going on, whereas since the cup its been hard for me to consistently get games late at night. So it would appear many have jumped to 15. Whether they stick with it we'll see.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeOfThorns
So the situation is as im sure many are in, to jump to 15 on the last gen version since that is where BAP/OTP etc...is intact. My buddies and I are diehards with OTP, but are hesitant to restart this year simply because im not sure if 15 is improved over 14 to where it will at least enhance the gameplay.

But i also feel that 14 will slowly start to die in the OTP department, anyone else feel the same or do you guys feel this is a year where the previous installment can still thrive?

I bought 15 for 360, i want a reason to restart....just cant find that reason yet. I read about some of the changes and they seem decent, but when i get 3-4k points from season to season in OTP, its hard to restart without a great reason. Jumping to next gen was that reason, and that got crapped on.

So how many are planning to stay with 14, or is it a full go to 15 for pretty much everywhere on last gen systems?
I am still playing 14, I cancelled my 15 Pre order and will get 15 if/when it drops down to like 30 bucks or goes on sale and hopefully that will be in like November.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
Rookie

aandrew610's Arena

I still play 14 on ps3

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I believe so... Reaction from my small online hockey community(43) is unanimously staying with NHL 14 on PS3. If I had the PS4, I would buy 15, but it looks like I'll be sticking with last gen for another half year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
Just started!

good,had the PS4, I would buy 15, but it looks like I'll be sticking with last gen for another half year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »