Home

Week 2 TNF: Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) @ Baltimore Ravens (0-1)

This is a discussion on Week 2 TNF: Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) @ Baltimore Ravens (0-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Week 2 TNF: Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) @ Baltimore Ravens (0-1)

Round 1 of this fierce rivalry has come upon us early in 2014....After escaping Week 1 with a W, the Steelers travel to Baltimore in hopes of starting out 2-0 while the Ravens attempt to notch their first W of the season........Steelers will look to build upon the strong offensive showing of the 1st half while shoring up the atrocity that was the 2nd half especially if our D gets caught in an up-tempo situation(s) as they just simply looked clueless against Cleveland....with Baltimore being a much more accomplished offensive personnel as a whole, that scares the bejeezus out of me....Fully expecting the typical low-scoring hard-hitting that we've come to experience from both sides....Discuss
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Bmore's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Week 2 TNF: Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) @ Baltimore Ravens (0-1)

This is pretty much a must win game for the Ravens IMO. You can't go 0-2 at home against the Bengals and Steelers.

Hopefully the Ravens players and coaches can put the Ray Rice situation behind them. If the Ravens are prepared I can see them winning this game. If not I could see this getting ugly early.

I'm hoping for a better game plan from Kubiak. Throwing the ball 62 times last week was inexcusable. Especially with how inconsistent Flacco is.

PSN: BmoreClutch
XBL: BlastTyrant10
Old 09-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37
Round 1 of this fierce rivalry has come upon us early in 2014....After escaping Week 1 with a W, the Steelers travel to Baltimore in hopes of starting out 2-0 while the Ravens attempt to notch their first W of the season........Steelers will look to build upon the strong offensive showing of the 1st half while shoring up the atrocity that was the 2nd half especially if our D gets caught in an up-tempo situation(s) as they just simply looked clueless against Cleveland....with Baltimore being a much more accomplished offensive personnel as a whole, that scares the bejeezus out of me....Fully expecting the typical low-scoring hard-hitting that we've come to experience from both sides....Discuss
Yep. The Steelers won't win if they put in a second half like they did against CLE.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #4
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

This game could go a number of different ways. All of the distractions surrounding the Ray Rice situation could easily lead to a Ravens loss. Or, the distractions could motivate Baltimore to stand up, come together as a team and beat their biggest rival. The Ravens can't afford to start 0-2 if they want any hope of returning to the playoffs. The game is in Baltimore, which gives me hope for a Ravens win. The Steelers, younger on defense, are poised to have a bounceback year, but they needed overtime to stop Hoyer's Browns. However, the Ravens' offense looked downright bad at times against the Bengals. I sadly think a Pittsburgh win is more likely.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 09-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Pittsburgh will probably win, but that's mainly going to be because the Ravens do not know how to run the ball properly. If they did, then the Steelers would be in HUGE trouble.

That seems like an odd thing to say in a Steelers vs Ravens game, but it seems to me to be true.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #6
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Sounds like the Steelers got gashed in the run game last week by the Browns, who run a similar ZBS as the Ravens. That gives me hope, especially as we saw Forsett really have a good game when he got his carries in the second half.

If the wide receivers don't have as many terrible drops as they did last week, and maybe Webb is back in the lineup with Jimmy Smith, then I'll feel much better about our chances.

I'm just hoping to see another classic Ravens-Steelers slugfest, because otherwise I'm afraid it could get ugly.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #7
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

"with Baltimore being a much more accomplished offensive personnel as a whole, that scares the bejeezus out of me"

Gotta throw the yellow flag at this quote, lol. So many things wrong with the offense last week, ugh. I have no idea what to expect from this game. Giving them a pass on last game but that means we still don't know what the offense really is.

Add that this is a short week with so much negative publicity and this really does not look good for the home team. It is the Steelers though, so hopefully that extra motivation will help.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:39 PM   #8
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
"with Baltimore being a much more accomplished offensive personnel as a whole, that scares the bejeezus out of me"

Gotta throw the yellow flag at this quote, lol. So many things wrong with the offense last week, ugh. I have no idea what to expect from this game. Giving them a pass on last game but that means we still don't know what the offense really is.

Add that this is a short week with so much negative publicity and this really does not look good for the home team. It is the Steelers though, so hopefully that extra motivation will help.
don't get me wrong...I'm not implying you guys are an offensive juggernaut by any means, but Flacco has his moments.....I think whichever Smith that goes against Ike, will have a productive day + the other Smith and then Pitta is a very productive TE.....just comparing your personnel to the Browns' is all....you guys have enough offensive weapons if Flacco plays within himself....being gashed on the ground last week doesn't bode very well coming into this week on top of having to cover Smith Squared

Last edited by 37; 09-10-2014 at 10:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »