Home

Are the graphics better than in the demo or not (PS4)??

This is a discussion on Are the graphics better than in the demo or not (PS4)?? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can anyone with the game on the PS4 let us know how the graphics compare to the demo?

I felt like the demo was very washed out looking, blurry, and low-res looking - especially compared to other games like MLB 14 and Infamous SS. It turned me off to the point where I decided not to pre-order the game and just wait and see if it was because it was just a demo or not.

I around a bit to streamers on Twitch, and a few of them told me flat out that the graphics had definitely improved since the demo, which they found blurry and fuzzy. That seemed promising. Maybe I'd get the game after all, I though.

But then I came here and found some people complaining that the graphics didn't look any better than the demo - and at least one person saying they looked worse.

So I'm asking to see if we can get some clarification here - have the graphics gotten clearer and more crisp compared to the demo, or is it the same? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are the graphics better than in the demo or not (PS4)??

The game looks very nice in my eyes. Remember graphics aren't everything. It's the gameplay that matters and the gameplay is awesome

LET'S GO NY RANGERS!!!!!!
Die hard Hockey fan!
Old 09-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 27

After playing the game a little more, I'd say it's a little better.

The game honestly looks good. I wouldn't put it in NBA 2K14's range, but it does the job.

If people are on the fence about this game, but you know deep down you want to get it....then get it. "Sticking it" to EA won't prove anything. Plus, it looks like this game game is going to get the UFC 'treatment' with big-time patches.

Voicing your displeasure is definitely okay, but if you know you want it, don't cheat yourself. The puck physics, the presentation, and overall gameplay is really fun.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing

The game honestly looks good. I wouldn't put it in NBA 2K14's range, but it does the job.

If people are on the fence about this game, but you know deep down you want to get it....then get it. "Sticking it" to EA won't prove anything. Plus, it looks like this game game is going to get the UFC 'treatment' with big-time patches.

Voicing your displeasure is definitely okay, but if you know you want it, don't cheat yourself. The puck physics, the presentation, and overall gameplay is really fun.
PERFECTLY SAID!!!!!!

LET'S GO NY RANGERS!!!!!!
Die hard Hockey fan!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #5
Rookie

I want to buy it, but i just cant without BAP/OTP because that is virtually all i do. Im a center thats been playing OTPs since its inception, and rack up a couple 1000 points each season and as much as i love/want brand new hockey on my new consoles, and i enjoyed the demo, i just cant pull the trigger on it.

If it was simply barebones but included BAP/OTP and that was it, id be all over it without hesitation,damn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
Rookie

I'm certainly not trying to "Stick it to EA".

I simply haven't bought it because the got rid of Offline Season Mode....which is the only thing I ever play on NHL games.

Once its' available used for much cheaper I may grab it to play some normal games, but no season mode sucks. (for me)
Old 09-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBoy02NY02
The game looks very nice in my eyes. Remember graphics aren't everything. It's the gameplay that matters and the gameplay is awesome
I agree with you that graphics aren't everything, etc., but this thread was started in order to discuss the visuals and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm also curious, as I found the PS4 demo to be a bit hazy and lacking detail vs. the EA Access release on Xbone. The demo was only about 2gb though, so I'm thinking it was likely lower res textures or something along those lines. Would love confirmation however.

And OP, there's no way the full game would look worse than the demo.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing

It's not about "sticking it to EA" for some of us. It's about paying $59.99 for a complete game. If it gets the full UFC treatment I will gladly pay full price for it, if the only thing that is added is a draft mode and 3 stars I will wait till its in the bargain bin at GS.

As for the OP's question I have played it on PS4 (a friend bought it) and to us playing on his 60 inch LG it looks absolutely stunning. Which makes me even more upset about the missing features because this is a very beautiful game with amazing presentation.

Last edited by Sheba2011; 09-09-2014 at 11:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »