Home

QB slider below 50= sacks for CPU?

This is a discussion on QB slider below 50= sacks for CPU? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
QB slider below 50= sacks for CPU?

So like a lot of people I am getting to many sacks in the game. I am starting to think that having the CPU QB slider below 50 might be the problem. The reason I say that is when I first got the game in the first 3 games when I was playing all pro default I only had 5 sacks told in 3 games. Know in around 8 games sences then when I lowerd the CPU QB slider I haven't had a game with less then 4 sacks and just had a game with 10 sacks. Could having the CPU QB slider below 50 cause the CPU to hold on to the ball longer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: QB slider below 50= sacks for CPU?

Some people believe the QB acc afecta more than just acc. This.lead to bad decisions that cause more sacks. In my personal experience I was annoyed by the amount of sacks so I did everything I could. Including leaving qb at 50 thinking that maybe your theory was right. Unfortunately it didn't work. I'm still getting 8 or more sacks on some games. My testing cfm (cards)., on my 2 week I sack manning no less than 7. I can never finish that game.

Clint from ea said that they are reviewing this since they believe qb hold on the ball too long that cause crazy amount of sacks. Maybe we are lucky and we get a patch. The tune file he said is only for user sacks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #3
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Some people believe the QB acc afecta more than just acc. This.lead to bad decisions that cause more sacks. In my personal experience I was annoyed by the amount of sacks so I did everything I could. Including leaving qb at 50 thinking that maybe your theory was right. Unfortunately it didn't work. I'm still getting 8 or more sacks on some games. My testing cfm (cards)., on my 2 week I sack manning no less than 7. I can never finish that game.

Clint from ea said that they are reviewing this since they believe qb hold on the ball too long that cause crazy amount of sacks. Maybe we are lucky and we get a patch. The tune file he said is only for user sacks

I have had much better luck with the CPU pass block at 95. I still have some games where I will get 5-8 sacks, but many more games where I only get like 2. I also believe playing on normal speed helps. I prefer slow speed, but I saw a crazy amount of sacks on slow speed.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:

While I just noticed the first 3 games when I got the game I wasn't seeing the CPU holding on to the ball to long at all and then all of a sudden I started to see the CPU hold on to the ball to long after that when I then lowerd the CPU QB slider below 50. Maybe that was just a fluck that I didn't see it the first 3 games when I had it at 50 has that is a small sample size. I haven't really noticed a difference in the game with the tuning I am still getting the same amonth of sacks has before. I am going to try a few games with the QB CPU back at 50. Yeah I heard about the patch thing. I haven't really injoyed a madden game sences like 07 on gamecube and I fell like a few things can really make this game better. I really hope that the patch fixes the CPU holding on to the ball to long and the sim stats in franchise mode and the money thing in owner mode. If they fix those 3 things I should be able to finaly injoy a madden game again.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
I have had much better luck with the CPU pass block at 95. I still have some games where I will get 5-8 sacks, but many more games where I only get like 2. I also believe playing on normal speed helps. I prefer slow speed, but I saw a crazy amount of sacks on slow speed.

While I haven't tried 95 pass block but I fell like it is not so much that I get to the QB to much just that they hold on to the ball to long and if you keep holding on to the ball sooner or later you are going to get to the QB. I fell like normal is the best speed. Going above normal and I think it is to hard to see open guys on passes and see holes to run though and the animations don't look has good. Slow not bad now very slow I don't know how any one can play on. Very slow looks like slow motion lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

When the routes are covered they just donīt know what to do. They donīt try to run, they donīt throw the ball away. they just stay there. Its very clear when the CPU calls Curls plays. Iī, waiting near the WR waiting for the QB to get sacked. (play with CB).

Also when they try to go deep on the last minutes, he most of the time wonīt throw the hail mary. WR are still one on one and QB donīt like his changes, so he hold the ball until itīs sacked.

Clint said perfeclty, itīs not the DL, the Time QB has in the pocket is ok. The problem is he doesnīt know what to do with it some times... and get sacked.

Hope they fix this, this and sim stats that they arelady fixed it is the only thing preventing me to start my offline CFM. In the process they can make QB a little bit less accurate but that, is a Plus right now.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
When the routes are covered they just donīt know what to do. They donīt try to run, they donīt throw the ball away. they just stay there. Its very clear when the CPU calls Curls plays. Iī, waiting near the WR waiting for the QB to get sacked. (play with CB).

Also when they try to go deep on the last minutes, he most of the time wonīt throw the hail mary. WR are still one on one and QB donīt like his changes, so he hold the ball until itīs sacked.

Clint said perfeclty, itīs not the DL, the Time QB has in the pocket is ok. The problem is he doesnīt know what to do with it some times... and get sacked.

Hope they fix this, this and sim stats that they arelady fixed it is the only thing preventing me to start my offline CFM. In the process they can make QB a little bit less accurate but that, is a Plus right now.

Yeah that is what I am weighting for that and I am still adjusting sliders. I normally have to adjust sliders in sports games for about a month or month and a half before I am satisfied. The game has been out for about 2 weeks and I got the game after it had been out for like 3 or 4 days so I have only had the game for like 8 days or something. So far the CPU runs the ball to while agest me and I cant thown the ball good enough are the to biggest things I need to fix with sliders.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

I wouldnīt focus that much on sacks. This is the biggest issue from almost every slider makers. Some games are great others, not that much. Iīm pretty certain they will address the QB holding the ball to long in a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »