Home

Disappointed in story line draft classes.

This is a discussion on Disappointed in story line draft classes. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Disappointed in story line draft classes.

So if you compare this years story lines of rookies, with the well done ones from last year it's a complete let down. There are few story line Qbs, and no variety at all. Second, every story line player is wearing a black jersey, this bugs me. Second, each year the story lines only happen once, and that's it. I miss hearing about a rookie over the course of the year. Third, every year all the stories are the same, they rarely change.

Im not trying to troll or complain, but I want to see the variety and good stories from previous years. What are everyone's thoughts? Opinions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
Banned

Markdoe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Disappointed in story line draft classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
So if you compare this years story lines of rookies, with the well done ones from last year it's a complete let down. There are few story line Qbs, and no variety at all. Second, every story line player is wearing a black jersey, this bugs me. Second, each year the story lines only happen once, and that's it. I miss hearing about a rookie over the course of the year. Third, every year all the stories are the same, they rarely change.

Im not trying to troll or complain, but I want to see the variety and good stories from previous years. What are everyone's thoughts? Opinions?
Hey that 1 storyline is the reason we don't have editable draft classes. That or Ea wanted something else to fish us on for Madden 16. Love playing the totally unrealistic connected careers (Barf). Already returned it. EA's business integrity is criminal.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #3
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Third, every year all the stories are the same, they rarely change.
That's literally the problem that was solved with Madden 25. The last 3 or so years Madden has used preset draft classes so all the storylines were pre-determined and fleshed out a bit more, the downside is it took all the fun out of the draft and you didn't need to scout at all because there were guides that told you exactly how good players were. In Madden 15, sure the storylines aren't a major part anymore, but the players are randomized forcing you to scout if you want to do well. It's a two steps forward, one step back kind of deal.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
Rookie

could someone describe storylines please. where are they. online or offline cfms. where do u access them. what does this effect.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhump1981
could someone describe storylines please. where are they. online or offline cfms. where do u access them. what does this effect.
as you play CFM whether online or offline, if you go to the news section where it shows all the tweets and stuff, theres a subsection for 'draft stories' which showcases certain prospects and says something about them. for example a former rugby player turned lineman, a son of a track star, a top prospect who got suspended, etc. its a pretty neat concept but its very poorly executed.

I have done 5 CFMs where I simply simulated the year, and everytime I read through the draft stories its pretty much the same exact stories every year just different players (cause the players are randomly generated this year). Seems like every other year is a rugby player turning to football, guy getting suspended, etc. And so something that had potential to make each draft class new, fresh, unpredictable, and exciting, has literally done the absolute opposite. I don't even check the stories anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #6
Rookie

titit32000's Arena

EA made draft has always been disappointing.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
the downside is it took all the fun out of the draft and you didn't need to scout at all because there were guides that told you exactly how good players were.
I don't see how that is a downside when you have complete control over yourself. You didn't have to go look up a guide on who were the best players in a draft. Neither does anyone else.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipup
I don't see how that is a downside when you have complete control over yourself. You didn't have to go look up a guide on who were the best players in a draft. Neither does anyone else.
yeah but what about online leagues.. didn't think of that did u

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »