Home

Top 10 Teams in Madden 15 & Sleepers

This is a discussion on Top 10 Teams in Madden 15 & Sleepers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-05-2014, 04:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Top 10 Teams in Madden 15 & Sleepers

Honestly surprised not to have seen this thread already created unless I've missed it. Feel free to make your list and support your opinions. I've seen a lot of people make the claim that Seattle is the consensus best team in the game and I understand that point, but I believe the 49ers are in their league and that you can make a case for them as the best. However, I will concede the top spot to the Seahawks

1. Seahawks
2. 49ers

With that said, it's tough for me to rank the next couple of teams. You obviously have the Broncos and the Packers up there as well as the Saints. That would round out a lot of people's top 5 teams. If that is your top 5, give me the order you'd put them in. Maybe you have another team in your top 5, if so list them and give us your reasoning. I'd say:

3. Broncos
4. Packers
5. Saints

I think I've seen a lot of people praise the Bills and the Browns as two potential top 10 teams. To be honest, I've used the Bills and I'm not very impressed with them. Don't get me wrong, they're a good team but not as good as they were last season and that's mainly due to two major reasons: 1. Due to QB's throwing stats mattering more than ever, EJ Manuel has a tendency to throw more arrant passes in Madden 15 than he would have thrown in Madden 25. He's still good enough to get the job done, but his poor throwing stats hinder him at times. 2. The loss of Jairus Byrd is huge, but it's even more magnified with how great zone coverage is in Madden 15. Byrd has the highest zone coverage rating in the game and has become a very valuable asset to the New Orleans Saints secondary. The Saints gain is Buffalo's monumental loss. I have yet to try the Browns, so I will reserve judgement on them and am looking forward to everyone's opinions on them.

A team that I like as my personal favorite this year is the Arizona Cardinals. They have made some major additions this season that catapult them to a sure fire top 10 team this season, IMO. Jared Veldheer is a great young LT that really helps solidify the left side of that line along with 2nd year guard Jonathan Cooper. Antonio Cromartie is obviously a fantastic cornerback in Madden and has been since his rookie season. His great blend of top flight speed, size and fantastic man and zone coverage make him one of the best CBs in the game and a great compliment to Patrick Peterson. Ted Ginn is a much needed injection of speed to a WR corps that lacks that attribute for the most part. Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd are excellent big WRs that can run great routes and make very tough catches in traffic. The addition of Ginn gives them the ability to stretch the field and the defense has to be accountable for Ginn in the slot every single snap. I am also a very big fan of the 1st round rookie SS Deone Bucannon. He has really good speed (89, I believe) with outstanding hit power (92). He's also very solid in zone coverage coming in with about a 74 or so rating in that department. He's a fantastic compliment to his other safety teammate Tyrann Mathieu. Personally, I believe as a base secondary (2 CBs, FS, SS) the Arizona Cardinals have the best secondary in the game. They also have a solid LB corps which feature the great Daryl Washington with a very stout defensive line. Offensively we've talked about the WR's, but they have a very good group of TEs and I am a fan of their RB Andre Ellington. Carson Palmer leaves some to be desired, especially his deep ball accuracy, but he is a solid QB that can make the throws. They also have Logan Thomas as a QB with 84 speed who you can sub into some packages as a threat in the read option.

I'll leave the rest of the list to be filled in by you guys and I am really looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Top 10 Teams in Madden 15 & Sleepers

1. Seahawks
2. 49ers
3. Broncos
4. Patriots
5. Saints

Either way Patriots should be top 5.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Seahawks
49ers
Broncos
Saints

Eagles

Although Eagles have a terrible defense, if you know their strenghts and weaknesses their offense is good enough to carry you. Boykin and Fletcher should only play Man, and Cary Williams should only play zone, if you mix and match these guys around you'll do fine. DeMeco Ryans has a nose for the ball in the game, Kendricks has 90 Speed at LB, hopefully you play them in a 4-3 or you're toast lol.

Sproles, McCoy, Maclin, Cooper, Matthews, Celek, Ertz, and the best rushing OL in the game, the Eagles are a hard offense to stop, especially with Chip Kelly's Playbook.

It'll be very hard if you found a cheap option QB to sub in once or twice a game, do a triple option, or read option.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throne_Taker93
1. Seahawks
2. 49ers
3. Broncos
4. Patriots
5. Saints

Either way Patriots should be top 5.
I honestly forgot about the Patriots. Wow, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Seahawks
49ers
Broncos
Saints

Eagles

Although Eagles have a terrible defense, if you know their strenghts and weaknesses their offense is good enough to carry you. Boykin and Fletcher should only play Man, and Cary Williams should only play zone, if you mix and match these guys around you'll do fine. DeMeco Ryans has a nose for the ball in the game, Kendricks has 90 Speed at LB, hopefully you play them in a 4-3 or you're toast lol.

Sproles, McCoy, Maclin, Cooper, Matthews, Celek, Ertz, and the best rushing OL in the game, the Eagles are a hard offense to stop, especially with Chip Kelly's Playbook.

It'll be very hard if you found a cheap option QB to sub in once or twice a game, do a triple option, or read option.
That offense is lethal, but the defense is so weak I can't put them as a top 5 team. They do have the best rushing attack in the game led by the best running back, IMO, in LeSean McCoy and as you said a beastly offensive line. However, the receiving options are solid to good, nothing to special. Now, if they still had DeSean Jackson and Michael Vick that would add an entirely different dynamic to their offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #6
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy hollywud
I honestly forgot about the Patriots. Wow, I'm ashamed of myself.
No WRs.

10char
Old 09-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #7
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy hollywud
That offense is lethal, but the defense is so weak I can't put them as a top 5 team. They do have the best rushing attack in the game led by the best running back, IMO, in LeSean McCoy and as you said a beastly offensive line. However, the receiving options are solid to good, nothing to special. Now, if they still had DeSean Jackson and Michael Vick that would add an entirely different dynamic to their offense.
I could almost agree, their defense is AWFUL as a 3-4, but if you put Cole and Barwin at the ends in a 3-4 with Cox and Thorton at DT, Kendricks at weakside LB, Ryans at MLB, and Strongside LB is Marcus Smith, put Bradley and Williams on CB, Boykin at FS, Malcom Jenkins at SS you can line them up anywhere to play coverage, and send a nice 4 man rush with Cole's 95+ Finesse Move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »