Home

Velocity & Speed progression

This is a discussion on Velocity & Speed progression within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-04-2014, 04:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OSfan093's Arena

OVR: 3
Question Velocity & Speed progression

So I'm about 3 years in on my franchise, and I'm starting to notice that the vast majority of OSFM created pitchers (especially the ones that started with low OVR) are on pace to progress into the 80s or 90s or max in the velocity rating. There's really no way to fix this through training, because even if you don't do 1 bullpen the whole year, it still progresses a lot, just at about half or 2/3 the "auto" rate. Same deal with the speed ratings, the absolute slowest guys in the league in 5 years will be in the mid 50s or higher. So I'm going to do some re-rating in my franchise during the offseason.

But I just wanted to see if anyone could answer a couple questions for me about the OSFM ratings process. From the looks of it, velocity for pitchers, and speed for position players seem to be rated AT the MLB equivalent. Is that correct?

If so, I'm then wondering about control/movement and Stealing/BR agg?Control looks to be rated accurately, about the same number of points off the MLB equivalent, as the player is from his potential. I'm a little lost on the movement ratings though. I'm not sure if it's set to the MLB equivalent or at maybe half the room to grow compared to control? Stealing/BR agg like movement, I have no clue if they're already set to MLB equivalent or if they were rated with the intention of leaving room to grow.

Tldr; Certain ratings on OSFM prospects are set to a number that makes it obvious that they do not expect that rating to grow at the same rate as others. However in franchise, all individual ratings seem to grow at the exact same pace, with the emphasis on lower ratings growing faster. And I would like to know which ratings those are (velocity, movement, speed?) for my own editing purposes

Note: In no way am I bashing any of the OSFM guys or other roster makers in any way
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »