Home

What are your thoughts and memories if all the PS3 MLB The Show Games?

This is a discussion on What are your thoughts and memories if all the PS3 MLB The Show Games? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
Rookie

BlueSkies7776's Arena

OVR: 4
What are your thoughts and memories if all the PS3 MLB The Show Games?

What were your thoughts in all the PS3 MLB The Show games?

MLB 08 was amazing at the time. I remember being floored by the graphics.
MLB 09 improved on 08 but I remember being frustrated with it's difficulty.
MLB 10 was so glitchy IMO, I remember being disappointed with all the technical blemishes. But it was still solid.
MLB 11 was kind of like 10 to me. The glitches got me down. But I loved it more than 10 for sure.
MLB 12 was the turn around! MLB 12 was incredible! I loved the new dynamic real time camera changes. It felt like a real game. And gameplay was as solid as ever!
MLB 13 was an incredible game but the slow running animation while rounding 3rd bothered me a lot. Other than this problem the game was fantastic!
I just got MLB 14 and so far it seems like a great combination of 12 and 13 for an all around solid up to date game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #2
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are your thoughts and memories if all the PS3 MLB The Show Games?

It's made video game baseball fun again, and expanded the possibilities.
I enjoyed High Heat, Triple Play, MVP, All Star Baseball, 989's MLB series and even 2K's MLB series and many more that escape my memory at the moment, but none of them to the extent of joy of The Show.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:45 AM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I finally broke down in 09 and bought a PS3 as I was sick of not having a solid baseball game, cause MVP was no longer and MLB2k was the absolute worst sports video game franchise ever. Best money ever spent on a video game was when I got a PS3 for MLBTS.

I loved MLBTS09 and still to this date its the deepest I have ever gotten into the franchise mode, although I will get with 14 with the addition of QC and not buying next years game. I figure since they shafted us PS3 users on fixing the whole budget issue, that will be my way of saying FU by not giving them my money next year. Plus I want to get back to getting deep into franchise mode again and getting my money's worth, and my guess is next year there will be all kinds of bugs with carrying your franchise over.

MLBTS10 was the worst of all their games, because Im a stats freak and seeing a bunch of relief pitchers with well over 100 appearances just annoyed to much to get into it. Gameplay was good as usual though.

MLBTS11 was solid and thats the year they added in the stamina slider for pitchers effecting simmed games which fixed the RP'ers appearing in way to many games.

MLB12 I really liked but I had a horrible time trying to hit, as there seemed to be lag when you would swing.

MLB13 was great to play, but the sim stats were jacked offensively which really hurt the game, as it took a lot of work editing to get sim stats close to accurate. Plus older players you had to keep editing up cause they would drop was to much.

MLB14 other than the budget issue and the issue in spring training of teams not subbing out position players is by far the best game to date. Gameplay and sim stats are the best the devs have ever done with this game. You get pretty good sim stats with SCEA rosters, but using the Hybrid roster the stats are spot on.

Overall ever year MLBTS has improved, even 10 in a lot of areas was better than 09, and 10 was my least favorite game of the series. As upset as I am about the shafting us PS3 users by not fixing the issues I mentioned, yet they did fix the budget for the PS4 games, is what ticks me off the most, cause if you can fix it for them then they should have fix it for us too. Even with this issues I have had more fun with 14 than I have with any other game ever, and thats even including NBA2k, as I really only play MLBTS and NBA2k anymore, although I do occassionally buy a EA football game, but MLB14 beats all the games I have ever played by far. Considering I wont be buying next years game I will definitely get my money out of MLB14 for once in a long time.

Its definitely 1 game I never get tired of, frustrated yes because I struggle to hit, but never tired. I basically only put the game down when the frustration gets the best of me and I need to take a break to regroup becuase of my lack of offense

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-05-2014, 02:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Scribe1980's Arena

OVR: 5
Location: The oldest minor league hockey town in North America

12 is holding up as my favorite overall version two years on.

First yr of the new ball physics engine, which rendered every edition before it obsolete, though I have kept them all going back to 08. 09 was favorite of the pre-new physics editions.

Loved the menus in 11 with the indiv stadiums, by far the best front-end presentation. Not sure why they rid themselves of that or something like it.

But 12 had the best game play, the last year with no baserunning issues -- which have basically ruined replayability for me (slowdown rounding 3rd in 13; excessive pickoffs and ignoring input individual base commands in 14, esp 2B ->Home) in the last two editions.

12's in-game presentation was also the best, with the lineups presented with the camera tilting around the diamond. Still fire it up from the to time. The zenith of the franchise on PS3.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:17 AM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
MLBTS11 was solid and thats the year they added in the stamina slider for pitchers effecting simmed games which fixed the RP'ers appearing in way to many games.
You're welcome.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 12:54 PM   #6
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

It's still all about 12 for me. I played 9, 11, 12, 14. I'm in 2016 with a franchise playing most games.

Had 14 not totally screwed up the budget issues and other stuff like baserunning, I'd have stayed with it but now Ill wait for 15 with the thought in the back of my head that I might have to trade in both editions (Vita and console) come the AS break again.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 18

I still have 7-13 and play them all. Yet to get '14 but will try to pick it up cheap on BF.

The addition of the new custom cam starting with '11 puts the game on a different level than earlier editions for me.

Love the hitting in '12 best but I have found some ways around the newer hitting window introduced in '13. Ball physics while good in '12 are not up to those found in '13.

Tough for me to choose between '12 and '13.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:01 AM   #8
Pro

MIKEY93's Arena

OVR: 10

It all started with MLB 07 on the PSP. Since it was my first Show game, I played a season on rookie. So easy, I won the World Series. I didn't think I would get used to it so fast. But it was a very cool experience to play it on the go. I also played RttS as a closer (Broke the single-season saves record! ). Played the 08 demo for PS3, & that's when buying a PS3 for a Show game came to mind.

Then came MLB 09. Still bought it for the PSP, & it was actually a challenge. I played on default veteran, & every game felt competitive & not so easy. This was when I had my longest losing streak (11), but I still won the NL East, but lost to LAD in the NLCS. I mean, what a great game.

MLB 10. I received this game form my stepbro's friend after he hooked me up with a new PSP Slim. I'm currently playing RttS as an outfielder.

MLB 11. First Show game on my new PS3. Started batting on all-star, but toned it down to veteran. Yeah, this was my worst season. I believed I lost over 100 games or something. I guess I depended too much on guess pitch, & had no patience. Also, there was a bug where the game gets stuck after a foul ball. Pretty annoying.

MLB 12 is the best Show game. I skipped 13 & 14, & most likely not getting next year's. I love this game for the same reasons others do. The foul ball glitch wasn't there anymore, it feels like more of a broadcast by zooming in on the players, & it just plays smoother than the previous one. I also hit on timing & got rid of guess pitch. Still playing franchise in my second year (2013).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »