Home

NBA Live 15: Trailer and Features List Reaction (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15: Trailer and Features List Reaction (Roundtable) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA Live 15: Trailer and Features List Reaction (Roundtable)

NBA Live 15 finally showed itself in real action yesterday, as well as debuting its list of features. With about a month to go until release, the hearts and minds aspect of EA's PR campaign has only saw vieled letters of promises released up to this point, giving gamers little to be excited about with this year's title.

But now? Now we have some concrete info, and here are our thoughts on it.

Read More - NBA Live 15: Trailer and Features List Reaction (Roundtable)
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well it has my interest at least. It doesn't have to be as good as 2k, it just has to be good and do things better in areas where 2k does poorly to set it apart. This does look like a big step compared to last year however gameplay will tell all like it always does.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
Rookie

I have quite the sneaky suspicion that this will be the only real video we will get. The Live team has been so tight lipped on anything while I'll point to that early demo in a moment, I dont even know if that's still happening. They probably dont either. BUT, IF that early demo is coming... earlier than normal, I dont think they'd put together a 5v5 gameplay video/trailer/whatever. Even this was 50 seconds.

I have had zero reason to trust that they will give us such video, and I think they'll do gameplay looks in the way of blogs. Isolated dribbling in a practice setting. How two players interact w/ each other. They still have NBA Live 14 on there website, and are playing with that game which is odd. But for as much as they're telling you the gameplay is better, I havent heard "fixed" and if that's the main thing you worked on (no additional features really) then it better great. The fact they've been so tight-lipped would speak to it not being so.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 15: Trailer and Features List Reaction (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Well it has my interest at least. It doesn't have to be as good as 2k, it just has to be good and do things better in areas where 2k does poorly to set it apart. This does look like a big step compared to last year however gameplay will tell all like it always does.
Why would you accept this game not being the best it can be?

I don't understand this logic one bit. It's like a cop out. They need to be pushed to raise the standard as well as any other game out there.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #5
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Well Sean O'Brien did say the Lag online is Gone, like.. Gone. Non-Existent. So that should be a differentiating Factor that should Lead to More Fun and Competitiveness in the Series.
I'm all for the Online, if the Gameplay is Balanced and Fun, with No Exploits ruining the experience then I See myself playing this Game all Year. Plus, I've never played Ultimate Team but I'm all for some Fantasy Basketball and Card Pulling. Which eventually leads to Taking those Cards/Team online, I'm All for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
I really liked what I seen in the trailer, we will be getting that new gen look. The main part that is left is 5on5 gameplay Ps4.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Well Sean O'Brien did say the Lag online is Gone, like.. Gone. Non-Existent. So that should be a differentiating Factor that should Lead to More Fun and Competitiveness in the Series.
I'm all for the Online, if the Gameplay is Balanced and Fun, with No Exploits ruining the experience then I See myself playing this Game all Year. Plus, I've never played Ultimate Team but I'm all for some Fantasy Basketball and Card Pulling. Which eventually leads to Taking those Cards/Team online, I'm All for it.
lag can never be gone completely. its probably just very minimal that its not noticed.
the trailer looked good. some dunks and animations looked stiff but that can be tweaked. graphics looked on point.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Live 14 trailer looked just as good so this trailer means nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »