Home

How is the Gameplan and progression working?

This is a discussion on How is the Gameplan and progression working? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #1
Rookie

jpeters1734's Arena

OVR: 0
How is the Gameplan and progression working?

I just got the game and haven't had much time to play, but I'm a few games into my preseason. My early impressions on game plan is that there are far too few hours and/or each activity costs too many point. I can only work on a couple players a week which seems unrealistic.

How does it work out over a season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #2
Rookie

confuzius's Arena

Re: How is the Gameplan and progression working?

I am wondering the same.

Last time I played was M13 and every player on the team could get 2.000 XP each week with practice alone.

The weekly and yearly goals don't scale with the actual length of the quarters played, so unless you are simming or playing 15 min quarters, you are only going to hit goals for a few players.

For an average player it looks like you can generate 3,000 XP with game prep if you use all of your hours for one single player.

I have no idea how they think that anyone can progress more than 2-3 players in a season.

It just doesn't seem to add up. Maybe I am missing something.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #3
Rookie

jpeters1734's Arena

yeah it doesn't seem to make much sense
Old 09-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734
I just got the game and haven't had much time to play, but I'm a few games into my preseason. My early impressions on game plan is that there are far too few hours and/or each activity costs too many point. I can only work on a couple players a week which seems unrealistic.

How does it work out over a season?
It is designed to be a compliment to what happens on the field. The best way to get XP/confidence for guys is to do well in the game and meet all your positional goals. Gameplan is used to quickly develop those young superstars of tomorrow or work on the confidence of guys who are struggling. Think of it as 1 on 1 coaching during an actual season. NFL teams have so much to do between weeks they can't provide 1 on 1 coaching for everyone on the roster they either provide it to the guys who are struggling the most (confidence) or the young guys they view as the future of the franchise that need to grow a bit (XP).
Old 09-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
It is designed to be a compliment to what happens on the field. The best way to get XP/confidence for guys is to do well in the game and meet all your positional goals. Gameplan is used to quickly develop those young superstars of tomorrow or work on the confidence of guys who are struggling. Think of it as 1 on 1 coaching during an actual season. NFL teams have so much to do between weeks they can't provide 1 on 1 coaching for everyone on the roster they either provide it to the guys who are struggling the most (confidence) or the young guys they view as the future of the franchise that need to grow a bit (XP).

I haven't started my CFM yet. I have a question…..
This guy says he can't get build enough points to work more than a few players but I hear a lot of people complaining about too many players with 99 ratings because its too easy to build them up. So which is it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #6
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Personally, I like it better because i dont have to spend as much time in the practice scenarios, but the reward is pretty minimal.

For those saying the real reward comes from the on field experience, and in M15 it does, but to me that still doesn't adequately reflect the growth and experience of bench players. The fact that this system lets you pick which bench players, and up and coming rookies you want to "train" and "develop" is nice, but when you spend say.. 8 hours on a player, and get 300xp points if that, it's really pretty worthless.

It'd be nice if you could select an entire position group, like the OL unit as a whole, install a gameplan for them, or run a drill for them and they all get the XP for that 8 hours of prep time, but instead its 8 hours per player, which is pretty crazy IMO.

It`s not a bad system, I just don`t think its executed the best way.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:26 AM   #7
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00tym0uth
I haven't started my CFM yet. I have a question…..
This guy says he can't get build enough points to work more than a few players but I hear a lot of people complaining about too many players with 99 ratings because its too easy to build them up. So which is it?
It is fairly easy to build guys up to 99 provided they have superstar development, but to do so you will have to ignore every other player on your roster and only focus on that one guy. Depends how realistic you want it.

Last edited by Sheba2011; 09-05-2014 at 04:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »