Home

Lord Please Help

This is a discussion on Lord Please Help within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Lord Please Help

This years Madden feels so different after skipping last years that its almost unplayable. I'm used to dominating on the ground but i cant seem to break the LoS, so that murders that in this game for me.is running that different, or is it just me?

Also, i cant seem to stop ANYONE'S QB. I play with Philly and, while we don't have the best Defense by far, I thought we would be decent. I cant stop....a....soul. The only change i made was putting Trent Cole back as a DE since he just doesnt feel right as a LB. Outside of that, zones get killed (i will have someone in zone up the middle and watch a ball go by without the defender reacting at all), and man coverage is suspect to say the least. I need some tips for a good Def playbook for the Eagles...

Finally, do u guys just use a lineman and let the cpu do its own thing in the secondary? I'm used to playing a LB or Safety and locking down who i want, but it just doesnt seem possible in this one....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lord Please Help

This years madden is a lot different and harder to do things. I agree the running is too damn hard, only thing I can suggest is fixing sliders and practicing with the skills trainer. As for the CPU passing, yeah that's something EA has to fix, check out the sliders section for that. And as for using the defense, in previous maddens I always used the linebackers but this years a bit hard so I'm using the lineman
Old 09-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
Rookie

There's a thread around here about running the ball and the importance of (1) not sprinting and (2) using the Precision Modifier button.

It's a great thread and should help you a ton.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

The more I play this game the more I see its ugly head.

Your not doing anything wrong the game is in need of a patch to fix some of the gameplay issues.

Its was advertised was how much better the defense plays, but I see a defense that struggles most of the time, and even in long yardage situations.

The only thing i see that works is blitzing, but not all the time, which is a good thing.

For now all you can do is see what you think needs a adjustment slider wise, and go from there.

Things I see are the following:
QB accuracy
Wr Catching
Pass Blocking for the CPU is too good, and for the human its bad.
Pass defense is very suspect, whether its man or zone. Human only
Running the ball isnt that bad for me, but the cpu seems to have a much easier time.

Im off to see what I can fix.
Wish me Luck
Old 09-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #5
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

I didn't have an issue running the ball the few times I've been able to play. In an exhibition game on All-Pro, default sliders I was able to run for over 100 yards with Toby Gerhart against the Bears on about 25 carries.

I usually don't touch the sprint button until a hole opens up. Once I get to the second level, I use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 07:55 PM   #6
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Play with sliders until the game is what you want it to be, that's why they're there. Everyone plays a different way so the settings need to be tweaked to your individual person. I'm not saying there aren't things wrong with this game but they aren't going to re-do a ton of gameplay code when the game is already released. I, for one, think offense is a little too easy, in fact I've lowered user run blocking because I was running all over the CPU.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Finally, some reassurance that it wasnt just me lol. The thing is that I'm playing online, so the sliders cant be avoided since they're set in stone. I dunno...something just doesnt seem right with the run game OR the pass D at all in my opinion..

Thank u for the run tips topic though!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionhartzero
This years Madden feels so different after skipping last years that its almost unplayable. I'm used to dominating on the ground but i cant seem to break the LoS, so that murders that in this game for me.is running that different, or is it just me?
I had alot of difficulty running the ball at first too. First of all, as someone else said, don't use the sprint until you've hit the hole, instead be patient and wait for a hole to open up. Secondly, are you running inside or outside? I've found that inside running is much more effective than outside runs this year. In the past I would always run to the tackles and beyond.

Quote:
Also, i cant seem to stop ANYONE'S QB. I play with Philly and, while we don't have the best Defense by far, I thought we would be decent. I cant stop....a....soul. The only change i made was putting Trent Cole back as a DE since he just doesnt feel right as a LB. Outside of that, zones get killed (i will have someone in zone up the middle and watch a ball go by without the defender reacting at all), and man coverage is suspect to say the least. I need some tips for a good Def playbook for the Eagles...
As for pass defense, it is really tough this year but just look at the NFL, teams are passing the ball better than ever and the only teams that really stop it are teams with elite secondaries like Seattle. That said, the biggest issue to me isn't that defenders don't react (there is a slider to adjust that and I would increase human reaction time just a bit) but the real issue is CPU WR's seem to have superglue on their hands. The devs made QB accuracy's vary a bit more this year, but even when the pass is inaccurate, if it's within an arms reach the receiver will make a one handed, behind the back grab almost every time. I would turn WR catching slider down to 25-30 for both human and CPU, as well as lower QB accuracy for both down some too (but don't go too low or the CPU will then just dink and dunk the whole game).

Quote:
Finally, do u guys just use a lineman and let the cpu do its own thing in the secondary? I'm used to playing a LB or Safety and locking down who i want, but it just doesnt seem possible in this one....
I play as a lineman on defense but I always have as that's what I played in high school and I'm familiar with the responsibilities of each d-lineman. Plus with the new controls this year it's like a game within the game so I'd at least give it a shot for the sake of that if I were you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »