Home

2014 OSFM HYBRID ROSTER - V3 Released

This is a discussion on 2014 OSFM HYBRID ROSTER - V3 Released within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-31-2014, 11:28 PM   #1
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7
2014 OSFM HYBRID ROSTER - V3 Released

After a long and very patient wait, the OSFM Hybrid V3 is now available for download in the Vault.

You can find it under the username OHTHESEBLUES, named OSFM Hybrid 2014 V3

Before I get too into this, many people must be thanked including

Teeds who took over this project back in June and has orchestrated 90% of these changes with his hard work and on his own - this version is his project!

Waittilnextyear who has become not only a great PR guy for the roster, but spent countless hours assisting with this release and even dove into creating faces (we may leave ratings to his specialty in the future

Many other guys who have assisted along the way, cboller and Motown to name a few, as well as all the people who jumped in and assisted on earlier releases.

Of course we can’t forget Knight who makes the OSFM happen each year and provides a ton of insight as well as Seanjeezy who we would not have pitch edits without

For those new to the Hybrid and those who have been loyal, here is a complete breakdown of what it includes;

1. Full roster re-rate - includes all SCEA players and created players/prospects - based off ZiPs and Oliver
- including updated stats for players over and under achieving

2. Full potential review and re-rate, again including SCEA players and created

3. Full review and alterations of created player faces

4. Pitch edits using Seanjeezy’s pitch edits, many updates done also

5. Updated to the minute player transactions

6. Lineups and 40 man roster accurate including most playable minor league teams

7. Equipment changes and updates done as accurately as possible

8. Audio names corrected to either the real name or no name - sorry no more Byron Broxton

9. Jersey numbers corrected to 40 man roster and then current minor league number

10. Spelling, height, weight errors corrected in created players

11. Ratings corrected to run smooth with new sim engine

12. Pitching motions and hitters stances updated

13. many 2014 Draft picks and international signings were added

14. Minor league rosters made as correct as possible, we may have taken out a player or 2 that you wanted left in, if this is the case just go to our last version and export the player and import him into this roster. Some prospects or depth players were moved to the FA pool to make room as well. Also teeds and myself have added many players who may be missing to the player vault under the user names - crapinmyshoe or ohtheseblues

A couple of things you need to know or do with this roster.

1. It will play as close to life as you can get in a video game - sim stats after too many tests come back within 1% of the current MLB numbers

2. You may find that sliders will help with in game accuracy. I tend to at the very least put starter stamina at 7 and reliever stamina at 1 or 2

3. All FA players who spend more than half the season as a free agent, sometimes less will retire at the end of Season 1 in franchise mode

4. Do not complain about this roster! Guys who don’t get paid to do so have spend well over 500 hours making this happen

5. Drafted players will enter the roster after Season 1 a little higher than our current ratings setup, knock each player back 5-10 ratings points to get them in line - or allow some phenoms to enter the roster - this can’t be helped and really if you have seen the faces on draftees - they need edits anyway

As always - enjoy these rosters - we put them out to give dedicated users a great accurate roster to use and play with. This will be our last release for this year. This roster does not happen without your support and the support of our many volunteers (starting to sound like a PBS bit). If anyone is interested in giving us a hand next year, please reach out to me via PM sometime around February or watch for the announcement thread looking for help next year.

I can’t wait to try these roster myself - if you enjoy following Dynasty threads - watch for one from both myself and Waittilnextyear where we will showcase our playing, writing skills as well as pics from this roster!

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Icon14 Re: 2014 OSFM HYBRID ROSTER - V3 Released

Could we get some offline links please? I need an offline link for PS3. Thanks guys for releasing this roster set we've been anxiously waiting on.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-31-2014, 11:42 PM   #3
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2014 OSFM HYBRID ROSTER - V3 Released

And if you guys are wondering, this is a 40-man set and all injured big leaguers are in A Ball. This is so we can have accurate to-date lineups. Feel free to do back****** to OD and 25man-ing and all that jazz to this roster for you folks who are into that kind of thing.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:44 PM   #4
MVP

Willard76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Could we get some offline links please? I need an offline link for PS3. Thanks guys for releasing this roster set we've been anxiously waiting on.
I will have to tomorrow unless someone else is able to tonight - I don't currently have my ps3 hooked up

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Old 08-31-2014, 11:47 PM   #5
MVP

Willard76's Arena

DO NOT READ MUCH INTO OVERALL NUMBERS - THEY ARE WEIGHTED BY POSITION AND EVEN THEN THE SLIGHTEST THING CAN MAKE ONE GUY A HIGHER NUMBER AT HIS POSITION THAN ANOTHER[/size][/size]

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 11:51 PM   #6
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I will have to tomorrow unless someone else is able to tonight - I don't currently have my ps3 hooked up
If nobody post one soon then please post it tomorrow for me here in this thread. Thanks! BTW, I posted this request in the PS3 section as well so they could see it there too.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by tonybologna; 08-31-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:03 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Beautiful job, guys.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:04 AM   #8
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickydick