Home

Old 08-31-2014, 12:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
punting?

Is anyone else having an issue with punting? Im playing with the Eagles and Jones has a KP of 89 and Acc of 93.

Seems all my punts are short. I jacked up my punt power to 70 and at near full power i just hit a 44 yard punt...

I havent bought a Madden in a few years so was wondering if power is penalized if you try to aim it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Orbit Storm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: punting?

Do you have the kicking arc enabled? I typically keep it enabled myself just for the sake of getting used to the new wind mechanics, but I've found the arc for punting is incorrect and ball never lands in the vicinity of where the arc indicates it should. Placekicking works just fine, however (FGs / kickoffs).
Old 09-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Punting reqires a little more strategy this year. If you punt no left stick, it will be a shorter punt then last year. If you left stick forward the punt will be higher and longer in the air. Left stick backwards and your punt will be lower and less air tome but will roll along way. Try the training camp. I really like the new punting mechanism.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

thanks..I do seem to notice that if I try to aim the kick to the corner and am off on my power it is short..If i just punt as hard as a can with no aiming they do travel the proper amount.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »