Home

2014 Rosters AND Schedules - Noob Questions

This is a discussion on 2014 Rosters AND Schedules - Noob Questions within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2014 Rosters AND Schedules - Noob Questions

Is there an easy way to get 2014 rosters AND schedules/conference realignments/etc downloaded and installed? Basically, I want to play as a Big Ten team with an up-to-date roster, schedule, and conference realignment. All I've ever done in the past is buy the current season's game, download and install custom rosters, and play. I've never messed with any of the editors and I'm not sure I really want to unless that's the absolute only way to accomplish my goal...

Thanks in advance!
Greg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2014 Rosters AND Schedules - Noob Questions

I'm in the same boat. I have tried a couple of times downloading the (awesome) roster then starting a new Dynasty. Then I've simply advanced the full season automatically to get to 2014-2015. Simple, right? Nope. Guys transfer and turn pro. One of the reasons guys turn pro is that your juniors just became seniors if that makes sense, because the roster is current as of the 2013-2014 season. Assuming everything I just said is accurate and there isn't a non-mod workaround, here is my plan:

I'm manually editing all of my important players, subtracting a year from their listed class (so a Junior becomes a Sophomore, etc.) and then I'll run a sim season in order to get to this year. Hopefully anyone who wants to turn pro or transfer can be convinced not to do so during the preseason, which is a feature I never needed before now, but it seems to work for the most part.

THEN I'll play the season, week by week, as I always have. Option 2 is to try the Custom Schedule option, changing the 2013-2014 schedule to this year's. That will make the rest of the NCAA schedule inaccurate, of course, but at least my games will happen on schedule.

Otherwise, I'll probably give up on Dynasty mode and just play single games one at a time and forget about rankings, etc.

I'd love to buy a beer for every one of the guys working on these rosters. It's amazing, thankless work, and I appreciate every one of them. What's missing, and this is NOT their fault, is a set of instructions for non-experts on doing what you and I wanna do...just play the season as the team we love.

Last edited by cvwcorp; 08-29-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvwcorp
I'm in the same boat. I have tried a couple of times downloading the (awesome) roster then starting a new Dynasty. Then I've simply advanced the full season automatically to get to 2014-2015. Simple, right? Nope. Guys transfer and turn pro. One of the reasons guys turn pro is that your juniors just became seniors if that makes sense, because the roster is current as of the 2013-2014 season. Assuming everything I just said is accurate and there isn't a non-mod workaround, here is my plan:

I'm manually editing all of my important players, subtracting a year from their listed class (so a Junior becomes a Sophomore, etc.) and then I'll run a sim season in order to get to this year. Hopefully anyone who wants to turn pro or transfer can be convinced not to do so during the preseason, which is a feature I never needed before now, but it seems to work for the most part.

THEN I'll play the season, week by week, as I always have. Option 2 is to try the Custom Schedule option, changing the 2013-2014 schedule to this year's. That will make the rest of the NCAA schedule inaccurate, of course, but at least my games will happen on schedule.

Otherwise, I'll probably give up on Dynasty mode and just play single games one at a time and forget about rankings, etc.

I'd love to buy a beer for every one of the guys working on these rosters. It's amazing, thankless work, and I appreciate every one of them. What's missing, and this is NOT their fault, is a set of instructions for non-experts on doing what you and I wanna do...just play the season as the team we love.
In my case, I don't think this will work with the addition of teams and realignment of the Big Ten conference.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO_Greg
In my case, I don't think this will work with the addition of teams and realignment of the Big Ten conference.
Moving my guys' class back a year worked. I'm Oklahoma, and I managed to keep the full team intact minus a 3rd string QB transfer. I noticed when you get to the 2014-2015 Offseason, there is a Custom Conferences feature. I'm pretty sure that's what can help you solve your problem.

Also, you don't have to advance one week at a time. You can literally simulate the full 2013-2014 season in one step. It takes about a half hour, and simulating pre and post season takes time too, but for me it appears to have been worth it.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Oh, obviously none of this addresses the 4 team playoff. That...I'll just live with it I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 12:52 AM   #6
Rookie

How are you Moving my guys' class back a year?
Old 08-30-2014, 08:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Once you've loaded the roster (I used K-Weezy-8), then started a Dynasty (offline, in my case, existing coach and all of the default settings for coach/staff), you then Edit Roster in Team Management. Select each player, or at least the juniors and seniors, Bio, and there you can change their class to make them 1-2 years younger. It took maybe 20 minutes to do my full team.

I could do a step by step set of instructions, including where you customize conferences, from the beginning if that doesn't make sense, or if another newbie around here needs assistance. Maybe I'm doing this the hard way, but I'm pretty sure this is the best way to simply play the current season with your real team. It takes 1-2 hours to set up, mostly just waiting, including the computer simulations of the 2013-2014 season. Sounds like a lot, but you can leave it unattended while the computer simulations happen.

One note that wasn't readily obvious (or needed) to me in the past: When you hit the beginning of the 2013-2014 season and Advance, you can move the slider you see in the next screen all the way to the right, to the conference championship week. Then the computer will simulate each game of the season without stopping in between.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:20 AM   #8
Rookie

Hopefully I can edit the schedule as well when I edit the Big 10 conference, as my team will be playing the new teams in the conference this year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »