Home

What Happened to Position Editing?

This is a discussion on What Happened to Position Editing? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
What Happened to Position Editing?

Why can't we move a RE/LE to OLB in Connected Franchise Mode? In past Maddens we could do this, but not this year?

I'd love to switch my Bengals defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 but I can't edit Carlos Dunlap to move him from RE to OLB. Why did EA severely limit/dumb down player position editing?

Consider players like Robert Mathis, John Abraham, and Dwight Freeney. They were all defensive ends who are now playing OLB in the NFL. Why can't I do the same with Carlos Dunlap?

Is anyone else having this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: What Happened to Position Editing?

You can do it, but only in the off-season. EA hasn't dumbed down anything. You could have easily found the answer to this by doing a simple search of the forums.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #3
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
You can do it, but only in the off-season. EA hasn't dumbed down anything. You could have easily found the answer to this by doing a simple search of the forums.
I don't know what key words you're using in the search, but I couldn't and still can't find any info on position editing (so I posted this thread).

Anyway, what you're basically saying is that I have to play a whole season before I can edit positions more thoroughly?
Old 08-29-2014, 08:24 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I don't know what key words you're using in the search, but I couldn't and still can't find any info on position editing (so I posted this thread).

Anyway, what you're basically saying is that I have to play a whole season before I can edit positions more thoroughly?

Or before even starting the CFM. You can edit after the draft and before you start next season.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #5
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
Or before even starting the CFM. You can edit after the draft and before you start next season.
I was going to edit positions before I actually clicked "start franchise" (after selecting my team) but all the options for manage roster are locked.

I may just have to make my own custom roster and use it in CFM. Unfortunately, any players I sign or trade for wouldn't be able to have their positions edited :/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't need to actually switch the position, just have the said player moved to the position you want him in the depth chart that position.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #7
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM813
Don't need to actually switch the position, just have the said player moved to the position you want him in the depth chart that position.
I'd be more apt to do that if he didn't take such a large hit in awareness. Plus, it means I have to carry more players at different positions just to compensate for the required number of players at each position.

Guess I'll just have to play through the season and then change my scheme in the offseason.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:15 PM   #8
Rookie

RW Nole's Arena

OVR: 4

Position changes in CFM are still ridiculous. I drafted a LT that I thought was going to be a depth guy. Turns out he's a gem. Drafted him in the 4th round but he's a 78 overall beast. My LT is 91 overall but my RT was a 77 who had been in the league for 6 years and his contract was almost up. Plus, my rookie was 6'6" 329 lbs and was a better run blocker than pass blocker (ideal RT). So I thought I'd change my LT rookie to RT and start him. Seems logical right?

After the switch from LT to RT, my 78 overall rookie LT turned in to a 64 overall RT. This is just not realistic whatsoever. A small awareness hit is fine but NFL OL can play multiple positions just fine. This is stupid and provides a lack of flexibility that real-life NFL teams don't have to deal with. I'm a fan of Madden 15 but a lack of customization in certain areas is frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »