Home

Ray Ferraro

This is a discussion on Ray Ferraro within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
Rookie

gabbers895's Arena

OVR: 0
Ray Ferraro

We all know that the new commentary is a bit of a let down so far, even if part of the problem is just because its a demo, Docs voice really lacks emotion and seems pretty forced sometimes.

Most people are focusing on Doc and Eddie as , well, they are the ones who do the main play by play and do most of the talking. But no one has really mentioned Ferraro from what I've read. I don't know about you guys, but Im blown away by how good Ferraro sounds. As far as Ive heard, he sounds very natural and when he's speaking I feel like Im listening to a real game.

What do you guys think of Ferraro's job as the man between the benches?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Ray Ferraro

Not bad, I guess.

I think they have the most time and access to him, which is why they went with him over Pierre, but this will allow him more time to record lines and update things in the recording studio. This is a good thing for the users.

I think everyone was expecting miracles with the announcing after it being so hyped up, but all sports games are going to be bland, generic, and repetitive if you play it enough. Regardless, I think it was time for change for sure and so far I am fine with it. I am sure after a few days I will tune most of it out anyway. I am usually wearing a headset and talking to my teammates online while playing NHL, not this year, but eventually that should be the case again down the line for me.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbers895
We all know that the new commentary is a bit of a let down so far, even if part of the problem is just because its a demo, Docs voice really lacks emotion and seems pretty forced sometimes.

Most people are focusing on Doc and Eddie as , well, they are the ones who do the main play by play and do most of the talking. But no one has really mentioned Ferraro from what I've read. I don't know about you guys, but Im blown away by how good Ferraro sounds. As far as Ive heard, he sounds very natural and when he's speaking I feel like Im listening to a real game.

Gotta agree here, he sounds great, and from what I've heard so far, responds very well to what is going on in the game.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #4
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_maclean24
Gotta agree here, he sounds great, and from what I've heard so far, responds very well to what is going on in the game.
HE's better than McGuire in real life and he's good in the game too. I found that as a sports producer, my first game he wasn't introduced "down to ice level, here's Ray" but my 4th game he was... also whether they do or don't introduce him they could easily just put a lower 3rd ___ voice of: Ray Ferraro
former NHL player

...whatever, just something tiny I noticed.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbers895

Agree with you about Doc. In real life he's my favorite play by play guy, by far. In the game, he sounds pretty flat and also fairly robotic. Even though I prefer him over Thorne, at least Thorne sounded very natural. I hope they correct this. Then again that is a moot point because if they don't fix the low-res looking gameplay on the PS4 I won't be buying it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #6
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
Agree with you about Doc. In real life he's my favorite play by play guy, by far. In the game, he sounds pretty flat and also fairly robotic. Even though I prefer him over Thorne, at least Thorne sounded very natural. I hope they correct this. Then again that is a moot point because if they don't fix the low-res looking gameplay on the PS4 I won't be buying it anyway.
There are some good calls by Doc in the demo and if you score late in the 3rd you will hear him get excited and say "Scoreeeeee!" not AS loud as we're used to but he does get more excited.

Ray is fantastic in the game...its Eddie that you don't really get much from.

I'm looking forward to the full game as I'm sure there's a lot of commentary that we have not heard yet....at least I hope since they recorded over 37,000 lines
Old 08-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

His little bits are too short IMO, the one thing that stood out is how disconnected he is from doc....it's like "let's go down to ray Ferraro" then he talks a sentence or two very short and that's it....should have something like "back to you guys in the booth" for example....needs some banter, but better than nothing I suppose
Old 08-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #8
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

I can't stand the guy in real life, but he seems decent so far in game. His robotic lack of personality may actually make him a perfect fit for this type of work.

It could just be having that third announcer, as we haven't seen that in this series before, but it does add to the presentation quite a bit IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »