Home

My M15 260 thoughts

This is a discussion on My M15 260 thoughts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My M15 260 thoughts

I know that some of you are still on the fence about buying M15 on 360. Ive read a lot of the posts here, and been a member since 2007 but don't post that often so figured now was a good time.

Ive owned ever madden ****** back to madden 96 on the snes to now, so hopefully you guys can consider my thoughts as honest, and not fanboy

Graphics:
-Though mostly the same as madden 25, the graphics do seem a bit more refined and crisp. Player names seem clearer on the back of jerseys, etc. Those saying that graphics are exactly the same as last year are wrong

-I did notice however that occasionally my game will jerk or studder in offline mode. Im not really sure what the deal is with this, maybe it is just my copy of madden ?

Gameplay
-Game prep is nice. It reminds me of the older PS2 maddens where you could take players through drills to up their stats. Also you can skip right over assigning hours to certain tasks which is nice.

-Running, to me anyways, has gotten a lot harder even on lower levels. I played a game of M25 where i ran 396 with Adrian Peterson. In M15 you really have to earn your rushing yards

-Passing to me has also gotten much harder. There were times in madden 25 i could pick the same play 10 times in a row and get big gains each play. This year running the same exact plays, i could complete some passes but there was no abusing the deep ball. I like this a lot and makes the games seem much more realistic.

-I also like the ability to sim right to the regular season, the next season, the draft or whathaveyou.

Commentary:
-I've read a lot of people's comments saying Nance and Simms are the same as last year. I must have gotten a different copy of madden then you guys because they commentate more during the game, and on relevant events. I have played at least 6 games so far and haven't heard the same line twice. They seem to get into the game if it's down to the wire, and acknowledge the fact.

Overall Thoughts
All in all i was really on the fence with buying this, or putting down the cash for an XB1/Madden bundle. I honestly feel i made the right move and will get hours of replay value with this. To me it is a different game than last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Re: My M15 260 thoughts

Nice right up , I've seen more good than bad with this 360 edition .
Old 08-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

So far, I'm loving the game. The only real head scratch is why the CPU will go for a field goal while placed on the 43 yard line.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

It feels different enough to me that it was worth the purchase. The NCaA guys did a good job with the game.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
It feels different enough to me that it was worth the purchase. The NCaA guys did a good job with the game.
Exactly! I have to give them some credit. They coould have ignored it, made it a carbon copy of last year's game with a roster update and stadium updates, but they made the game their own. I wish they wouldn't have been so hush hush about the last gen version, but maybe being pleasantly surprised makes it better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Sweet! I'll check it out at Redbox by the end of this week. I did hear that Nance and Simms are extremely boring & painful to listen. It sounds like Madden NFL 15 is more like Madden 05 gameplay than anything else.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #7
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm happy I picked up the game too. Definitely agree with the improved graphics and better lighting. The turf/grass isn't such an inaccurate lime green color like it was the past two years, so I'm glad that has been improved.

If you're on the fence about upgrading to the ps4/Xbox one because of madden, this isn't the year you have to do it. If you enjoyed last years game then this game will get you through the next year, then next summer you can reevaluate whether or not to upgrade. That's my plan at least anyway. My biggest peeve with next gen madden is no gang tackling or whatever. Still plenty of gang tackles on this game.

If you didn't like last years madden then you won't like this game, and the next gen version probably won't make you happy either in my opinion.

Hope this assessment helps some people out. I'm glad I picked up the game and glad I held off on the ps4 so far.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #8
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteriousPanther
Sweet! I'll check it out at Redbox by the end of this week. I did hear that Nance and Simms are extremely boring & painful to listen. It sounds like Madden NFL 15 is more like Madden 05 gameplay than anything else.
So far this is the best gameplay I've had since Madden 05. Everything is just so smooth and responsive. I've seen a bunch of new catch animations and ai is generally smarter. Sacks are high but at least when I blitz I can actually get pressure for the first time in years. I'm actually looking forward to playing when I'm not. Its just fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »